Chassis
Spartan K2 Tag
Engine
M11 - 450 Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2017 F150
Fulltimer
No
Has anyone installed a projector and used instead of a TV Looking for a reliable good short throw (distance away from screen) to put in my Motorhome. Thankyou.

I'm a big projector fan and have been using them at home, either as replacement for living room TV, or since I built new home, in dedicated home theater. That said, I'm not sure an RV is the best use for one. While modern ones are better, they really need good light control to really shine. Also, you typically aren't going to benefit from the "big screen" benefit of a projector in the cramped RV space.

Can you elaborate a bit on your use case? Where are you planning to mount the screen and what size? What's your thinking about having a projector vs. TV? Do you have a picture of the area you are thinking for screen and projector. They are pricey, but there are now multiple that can be mounted right below a screen, just inches back from it.

Thankyou for your reply. The reason I am look at a projector is that the Motorhome we have is a 2000 model where they used to have the tv at the front on a televator in the dash. Unfortunately the biggest You could have a tv was about 27”. So I was thinking of having a projector screen at the front windshield and with a short throw projector possibly have it about 3 feet away where all the hook ups are. I will attach a pic and the hook ups are all in the white cabinet on the ceiling I was hoping to have a screen close to the windshield a few feet away. Hope that makes sense. The tv that is there now just sits there and has to be moved every time we decide to move and of course are always a little Leary of it getting knocked down when coming in with groceries etc. Thankyou

Attachments

• IMG_1960.jpeg
    IMG_1960.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 9
  • IMG_1956.jpeg
    IMG_1956.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 9
You might consider an Ultra Short Throw Projector.

so, where would the screen be? A roll up? Some logistics of placement of parts is always an issue in the confined space of an RV...

If you look at Newell, you’ll find they are leading the pack with these installs, including pass-through shear window screens so the TV can be viewed outside the coach window.

The projectors are mostly EPSONS with a short throw lens. The projector must be cooled and presents a challenge if in an enclosed cabinet. Some elect for cooling fans and ducting while others choose to keep it open or hang it from the ceiling.

My friend did a custom install that’s very unique. It’s not for everyone and is very expensive. But this will gifs you and idea. Forward to 31:00

Thankyou all for the reply’s and info. I have some decisions to make.

Latest resources

Back