Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

PAC

RVF Newbee
We are thinking of living full time in an RV, but would like it to be more like a home. We are trying to see if someone that builds tiny houses would be able to take an RV, about 38 ft, strip it out from the captain’s chairs back and put in regular furniture. We thought we would see if there was a manufacturer who would build us a shell to use for the conversion, or if we would be better off buying a good late model used one to do it. Any input would be appreciated.

By the time I completed my MH conversion it was much like a house inside the living area.

And, be prepared not to drive it very far. The extra weight will kill any performance the coach might have had and fuel mileage will drop through the floor.

TJ

It would be very difficult to find a manufacturer who would do a "custom" build of any sort. The RV builders are all about production and keeping up. I know it sounds simple but to have a builder stop its main production, insert something very special, then get started again is highly doubtful. Converting something would be a better (but costly) option. As mentioned above, sit down before you get the price.
Ken

Latest resources

Back