• Commercial/Vendors welcome

RV water filters

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I yanked the in-line water filter out when my Travel trailer was new as it was in a clear plastic housing apparently designed for household, not RV, use. I now use a simple carbon filter that attaches to my garden hose for filling my freshwater tank.
It works for me as I never use tank water for drinking. I carry separate drinking water for consumption. Been doing it for 13 years with zero problems.

Saw brown come out of faucet this morning, yuck, at new CG and drained fresh and refilling it now. No thanks for HG water!
Often see brown come out initially. Maybe excess iron. It usually clears up after running for a few seconds.

It's fairly common for brownish water to come out of CG faucets when first turned on, especially if the site or group of sites isn't occupied for a while., Sediment, maybe a little iron.

It's fairly common for brownish water to come out of CG faucets when first turned on, especially if the site or group of sites isn't occupied for a while., Sediment, maybe a little iron.
Somewhere along the line, we were told the above. As part of our setup list, we sterilize the faucet and then flush it out - before hooking up the hose.

While I did see brown water come out of the spigot for the site, which I see often and typically run the water to purge the yuck out, this was my kitchen faucet hence dumping fresh and reloading in VA.

Latest resources

Back