Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
When I first got my 2017 Newmar Ventana I read that the flojet water pump wasn't that great and to put a variable speed pump in. I bought the recommended pump at Camping World and installed it. The water pump in my coach is just aft of the wet bay panel on the left side and is not the easiest to access, there are four screws that hold it to the wall. It may be easier just to break your arm in two places to get to it easier :unsure: But I got to it and swapped it out but had some concerns because the pump was a 5 gpm pump where the flojet that came with mine was 3.4 gpm but more importantly the water pump had a 12A peak yet the water pump controller was rated at only 10A. I used it for a while but I called it my "harley" water pump when Newmar ran the water one time and it was priming itself and made so much noise they were ordering a warranty replacement to install for me when I told them no, it was one I installed. It was quite noisy and there was a lot of vibration. Much of this due to the flimsy plastic wall that Newmar uses for the side of the wet bay that the water pump secures to.

I swapped the pump with the flojet several times, I couldn't figure out which to use. Somewhere I read about the REMCO Aquajet RV water pumps and really liked what I read so I ordered one. There are various models to suit your coach but they have a 3.4 gpm and proper voltage pump that falls inline with the specs I needed for my water pump controller. I installed it and it has been working great. This past winter when I had the wet bay disassembled to install Drainmaster electric gate valves I took the opportunity to install shock dampening between the pump and the wall and also get a more secure install of the pump. It is much quieter and no crazy vibrations when the pump has to prime.

My recommendation is to leave your flojet installed and use to fail but have a spare pump on hand. No water is a game over situation for most. I highly recommend sparing up with a REMCO Aquajet. I also suggest having a spare water pump controller. The c-stream or whatever brand it is that Newmar installed is very low quality, they are now using the intelletic controllers which is good.

Our FlowJet is pulsing badly and is quite noisy. I know I can go in and adjust for the pulsing issue, but would prefer to just replace the pump and controller. Your suggested replacements look like just the thing to do that with. Thanks for the review.

TJ

The highlines may be 5 gpm pumps so do some good research first.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest resources

Back