Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Begin Lecture:

Okay fellow RVers. I watched a scary video today on social media of a RVer pulling a trailer (possibly horse trailer) but it's irrelevant. You don't want to end up in these situations. I don't know what tools are available to us to learn of protest locations or riot locations but it seems there are blurred lines between those two. Moral is if you're like me and you plug in your destination to your GPS and go, you cannot do that now! You have to know your entire route and where it's going to take you. If you're going to be driving through a city for example, you really need to consider your options. Options are taking a longer route around even if it adds hours to your travel time. Options are stay put, it can wait! One "thing" hurled into the side of your coach or someone keying your RV as it goes by will cost you a lot of money, frustration, and time out of your plans ahead to get it fixed. Right now whether from the pandemic or current events with the riots you really should consider just staying where you are until further notice.

Be safe and be smart. Don't get yourself into a situation you will later regret. Violence is everywhere and right now keeping a low profile is your key to survival. I don't want to see you on TV or social media. I don't want to hear something happened to you. STAY SAFE!!!!

A sad truth. I transited St Louis heading W via 64/70 last Sunday midday. Roads were quiet but I considered my chances and felt ok with it. Maybe I’m a fool but I won’t live in fear. It’s a balance and your advice is well timed.

I'm thinking that if you can find routes that don't run right through the middle of a city, that's reasonably safe. We hope to bypass the metro areas of Seattle on I-405 and Portland on I-205 this weekend on our trip south. If I get a knot in my gut, we'll change plans.

TJ

This is disgusting and terrifying! Don't forget to lock your basements even during travel now!!!

This is disgusting and terrifying! Don't forget to lock your basements even during travel now!!!

Yikes!!! That is pretty scary. Makes me glad we don't have a ladder on the coach.

Especially right now, it is important to avoid places where people gather; especially in protest.

TJ

The video is painful to watch. I'm sure similar incidents have happened in other locations recently. The video is a perfect example of thugs taking advantage of the current situation in most cities. These folks in the video are not protesting, demonstrating, or trying to "make their voices heard".

We are stationary in a "start up" campground/marina that is located in a sketchy part of Peoria Illinois. So far the neighborhoods around us have been spared. I drive to a public walking trail a mile or so away every morning. I have not changed my routine. My health requires that I exercise on a regular basis and I will continue to do that. I hope there will never be any issues but I won't live in fear either.

Where is that?

destroyed a Mercedes dealership in Oakland. Every single car on the lot was vandalized.

Last edited:
I don't know if it's right or wrong to say "Protestors" as obviously this is not protesting. It doesn't matter, you can never get sense into these low lifes. The sad fact is society does not see this as wrong but instead deserved. I have not heard of anyone condemning this behavior other than us bystanders. Okay, that's not true, it's just my emotion.

Latest resources

Back