Recall Safety Recall 23V-062

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Yeah, didn’t mean to muddy the waters.

Here is the link to my original post about the issue…

FYI, I just received this safety call and thought I'd pass the information on:

"Shyft Group decided that a defect which relates to motor vehicle safety exists in certain model year 2022, 2023, and 2024, K1, K2, K3 and K4 model Spartan RV chassis equipped with a vehicle control module (ICM) supplied by Ametek."

Evidently the "vehicle control module is subject to a software error that can result in loss of motive power and other key safety functions such as loss of head lamps or windshield wipers."

The fix is to have the vehicle control module reprogrammed with corrected software and should take about a half hour.
We have a 2022 Entegra Anthem 44b that is part of this recall. Had Spartan service center do software update, twice. Problem is that it will work and then after coach has been turned off nothing will work on steering wheel. Spartan said to shut off main breakers and then back on which will fix issue. It does, however it doesn’t fix for good. In speaking with Spartan they say they never heard of this problem but it’s happening. Now waiting on Spartan to give ok for service center to diagnose problem.

Latest resources

Back