Superstar 4061
RV Length
Chassis
FCCC
Engine
Cummins 360
TOW/TOAD
Hyundai Elantra Sport
So, had our Superstar for about 2 months now.

One of the issues on our list for correction at our April warranty appointment was the reading lights above the bed not working - strange that both stopped at the same time.

Well, yesterday I tried to turn on the seating lights above the couch and they didn't come on. Now getting concerned that something is slowly stopping all of them.

Searching today I found some items about these stopping periodically.
- One discussion was the manufacturer knows about it and does not have a fix yet.
- The other one was to basically "reboot" the system - this is the one I tried.

So, basically opened the battery disconnect for about 15 seconds, then powered back up.

Following the reboot, the seating lights as well as the bed reading lights are now working properly.

Thought I'd pass this along since I could not find it on Newgle (of course it may be there but I am still figuring out the search function :)).

As an update on this issue following my phone call with Newmar this morning...

There is an update from KIB for reprogramming the controller that is supposed to correct the above issue.

I should be getting the programming done while I'm in for service at North Trail April 18, so I'll post an update after that happens.

But anyone with a KIB controller that has had the issue, there should be an update available that "is supposed to" correct the switches not working periodically and having to cycle the battery disconnect.

Thanks @DennisT for the heads up. I've had the same issues and was told by my tech that KIB was working on it. That was back in May 2022. As my coach is currently at Newmar, I am supposed to talk to my tech tomorrow and hopefully will get this taken care of. Will follow up with what I find.

Thanks @DennisT for the heads up. I've had the same issues and was told by my tech that KIB was working on it. That was back in May 2022. As my coach is currently at Newmar, I am supposed to talk to my tech tomorrow and hopefully will get this taken care of. Will follow up with what I find.
@DennisT ... same here. I will be at North Trail a few days after you so will ask for this fix as well.

FLSteve (y)

Update from talking to the tech about the KIB lighting software fix. He wanted to make sure we were having to cycle the battery disconnect periodically to fix the switch issue. I guess if we weren’t having issues they weren’t going to do the update.

We have had issues a few times so they should have the update here if you need @FLSteve.

Update from talking to the tech about the KIB lighting software fix. He wanted to make sure we were having to cycle the battery disconnect periodically to fix the switch issue. I guess if we weren’t having issues they weren’t going to do the update.

We have had issues a few times so they should have the update here if you need @FLSteve.
@DennisT ... thanks for the heads up. I have needed to cycle the switch several times so will make sure to say that. Is the fix just a simple reprograming?

FLSteve

@DennisT ... thanks for the heads up. I have needed to cycle the switch several times so will make sure to say that. Is the fix just a simple reprograming?

FLSteve
That’s what it sounds like. The tech said they either had the update or would get it to load to ours. So either way they should have the update here when you come on Friday.

@DennisT ... just checking in. Did they get the KIB fix done? My North Trail service advisor on Friday will be Michael Phillips. Just in case he is not familiar with this fix, what was the name of your person?

FLSteve :unsure:

@FLSteve - yes they did the update on ours yesterday.

Michael Phillips is the same one we worked with so he knows and I mentioned he would need to do it again Friday for a customer named Steve :)

@FLSteve - yes they did the update on ours yesterday.

Michael Phillips is the same one we worked with so he knows and I mentioned he would need to do it again Friday for a customer named Steve :)
@dennis ... Thank you for paving the way.

FLSteve

Latest resources

Back