Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sales for the year are off, In towables anyway.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

DHudson

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutch Star 3858
RV Length
38 ft
TOW/TOAD
None
Fulltimer
No
Just in case you want some facts with the rumors.
A guy I know here in Corsicana sells more towable RV's that anyone else in Texas. He just posted sales for Texas for the 1st 3 quarters.
Sale are down nearly 23% over last year.
1667874810548.png

Wow! A down trend has to come at some point. RV sales have been up since 2020, and I guess mostly TT.

I know several people that bought at MSRP with very low or zero down payment. This is going to result in a lot of people owning RVs for more than the RV is worth. I have seen several Class C on Market Place ask just below MSRP and say things like new very low miles.

I’d be interested to see how sales compare now to pre-pandemic sales. My guess is most folks who wanted an RV now have one. On the other hand, I’ve had several friends ask me about mine and tell me how owning an RV has been on their bucket list for years.

I'm getting ready to buy a travel trailer in the next 3 months and I don't even know where to begin with the price negotiations because I've seen some crazy things recently. I was looking at a unit at a dealership and stumbled across a Youtube video from the dealer from 6 months ago for the same unit. I double checked the dealer stock number and it was the exact same unit that hasn't sold in 6 months.....but they are now asking $8000 more than they were in the video 6 months ago. Their justification.....inflation. I'm no expert, but I'm not sure increasing the price of something you couldn't sell 6 months ago for less is the way to go.

What it is is wishful thinking. It seems pretty clear that the market is going the other way and while high inventory was an asset 9 months ago, its now fast becoming a liability. It will be interesting to see what happens in the coming months - I would expect dealers to start dealing again.

We have been in the finance business since 2008 and NEVER, NEVER, NEVER promote zero down financing. Very few lenders offer it anymore. Having some skin in the game helps lenders sleep better. As for pricing, most lenders use manufacturers invoice and lend "up" from there. Simply raising a retail price will not increase the amount a lender will give.
Let me know how we can help.
Thank you,
Ken

Latest resources

Back