Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Is there a safe way to extend SSN-Con hose? Seems the one with RV is always just a bit short.

I use camlocks on the ends of my sanicon to connect to the head. I carry 2 spares with camlock ends to use as extensions.

Will you share components and pics?

I’m hooked up now with a single connection. The banjo connectors are for 1.5”.

The other pic shows how I store the extra hose either ends connected.

Attachments

• IMG_1399.png
    IMG_1399.png
    633.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1398.jpeg
    IMG_1398.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_1397.jpeg
    IMG_1397.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 46
  • IMG_1396.jpeg
    IMG_1396.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 39
Joe

There are several manufacturers of the "camlocks". They are also known as "Banjo" fittings. You can buy the Banjo fittings on Amazon. Here are a couple examples

1723311082392.png

Camlocks
Banjo fittings

I have this set up, probably very similar to RB, but so far only carry 1 spare. One of these days I will get around to putting a very short extension on the main discharge of the pump with one of these fittings so that it would only take seconds to change out a hose if I had a failure. Currently the spare is really just an extension. I also took off the outlet head and connect it with a banjo fitting and have caps so that nothing leaks out in the bay. The outlet head is sort of a PITA to get out the sewer hole in the pay. I have yet to find a good source that doesn't want an astronomical amount for a second hose with a sleeve. So like many, I bought the second hose and bought a sleeve and put it on. That was a PITA - so if someone figured out an easy way to do it, I would love to hear about it.

I purchased the male/female Banjo couplers with 1.5" threaded female connection. I then purchase a 1.5" to GHC (Garden Hose Connector) one male, one female. I use a standard garden hose (1/2"). I've used it once on my current trip because the CG installed the sewer connection at the front of the site which was too far for my single sanicon hose. I used both the sanicon hose and the garden hose together. This setup worked fine. I actually have two 25' garden hoses in case I need to go further. When dumping I was able to just use gravity which is my normal way of doing things. No issue draining the black take through 1/2" hose. Both toilets are maceraters.

IMG_6885.jpg

I did the RB preferred method and have two hoses with cam locks on both ends and all hookups with cam locks so I have an immediate spare, or immediate extension.

Curious if you can mix and match Cam Locks. Plastic and Aluminum. Most pre-made hoses have Aluminum or SS camlocks. My preference is Plastic or similar composite material.
Thinking to buy a pre-made extension rather than make one with plastic camlocks.

Well Project Extension done. Royal PITA. But done nonetheless.
Installing the scuff shield is an endless task but can be done in a couple of hours.

Attachments

• IMG_1917.jpeg
    IMG_1917.jpeg
    4.6 MB · Views: 19

Latest resources

Back