• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Sanitize/fill fresh water

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Great advice all. I was thinking the same thing about the hookup at the site, people are nasty.

Went ahead and got some white fresh water hoses from Walmart, made a bleach mixture, poured it in then filled up the tank. Bleach sprayed the house outside spigot first, too.

I’ll flush it through a few times after four-ish hours and hopefully should be good to go!

If you have ever watched some of the habits of other rvers while unhooking their wet bay you might not like what you see ?.

Ain’t THAT the truth!

@J&JD

Can you share a recipe if homemade?
Quaternary Ammonium disinfectant/sanitizers are used extensively in the food industry as no rinse sanitizers for all food contact surfaces at 200ppm. They are also used in bars to sanitize glasses. Here is an example:

The cool thing about them is that they are extremely stable so you can dilute them in a squirt bottle and they will sustain their disinfectant qualities for long periods. And this product, for example, can be diluted at 1oz/4gal to make 500+ gallons of sanitizer from one gallon.
I’m talking surfaces such as any external hard surface Such as water faucets, hose fittings, hands etc where you can spray and not rinse. Not to be used as an internal tank sanitizer as it foams and would be difficult to remove from inside a tank.

Latest resources

Back