Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
Cummins / I6 Diesel Pusher 600HP / 1,950 ft-lbs
TOW/TOAD
2016 Jeep Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
What is this for and what is the proper useage?

3589D22C-2B18-4331-BAB4-DD1059AFFC88.jpeg

It‘s an inlet to use pressurized water to flush the black tank - hook up a garden hose to it and blast water in to rinse your black tank. There is some form of an in-tank spray nozzle arrangement for rinsing the sides of the tank. Per instructions, use only with the black tank dump valve open to avoid problems, although I like to use it to fill and flush the tank, watching the tank level closely of course.

There’s no other valve to open? Just hook it up, turn the water on, and it will fill the blank tank?

There’s no other valve to open? Just hook it up, turn the water on, and it will fill the blank tank?
yup, hook it up and turn on the water and watch the crud flow out. That’s why they say you should have the black tank dump valve open to avoid an “unsanitary condition” or something like that. I have a clear 90° elbow more or less permently mounted on the coach, mainly because of the horizontal arrangement of the OE dump plumbing, but its also good to be able to see what’s coming out of the tank.

There is an air gap and a back flow preventer to keep any contamination from occurring. I have a setup in my wet bay to make it easy to rinse the black tank which I do every time I dump. I installed two more back flow preventers in the short hose connection to quadruple the protect against contamination.
IMG_4976.jpeg
IMG_4975.jpeg
IMG_4975.jpeg

I just use a seperate hose from a domestic source, but I can see an additional BFP on it would be a good idea to prevent the possibility of contaminating whatever water source I’m using.

Last edited:
There is an air gap and a back flow preventer to keep any contamination from occurring. I have a setup in my wet bay to make it easy to rinse the black tank which I do every time I dump. I installed two more back flow preventers in the short hose connection to quadruple the protect against contamination. View attachment 20229View attachment 20230View attachment 20230
Yep, as I was watching the black tank monitor filling up, I pretty much envisioned the same thing as what you have. Great idea, and very nicely integrated!

Yep, I leave the black tank valve open, to keep it from filling the tank, and flush till I see clear water coming through the clear elbow we have.

Wait........why do you ask those questions, in that way?
I ask, because it makes it sound like you have zero experience with black tanks and thier "normal" usage.

Roger

Take it from experience, don't close the black tank valve, and then get into a conversation forgetting the water is flowing into the black tank until it starts gushing out the roof vent. Now thats a shower you don't want to start your day having.

Latest resources

Back