• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Shaky Doorside mirror

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Sorry Rich I am trying to teach myself to take pics for everybody else. I have a small crack(about 1/4-3/8"0 on the upper side of the cover. So I will probably be doing this again in the future. I just took my pocket knife and laid it over and sliced the silicone on the sides. The bottom was open(I think someone had been in there prior). I just lifted it off and pulled the top silicone loose. Then I trimmed on the still stuck silicone on the cover and coach. I stole an eraser from my granddaughter and used it to rub on the silicone when it got thin and saved some of my thumb skin. The silicone application was just normal silicone application. Just run your bead where it looks like it needs to be. I will shoot a pic tomorrow and post the results. I am really torn on the fillet bead. All the silicone is holding is the cover. I don't know how strong it needs to be.

Sorry Rich I am trying to teach myself to take pics for everybody else. I have a small crack(about 1/4-3/8"0 on the upper side of the cover. So I will probably be doing this again in the future. I just took my pocket knife and laid it over and sliced the silicone on the sides. The bottom was open(I think someone had been in there prior). I just lifted it off and pulled the top silicone loose. Then I trimmed on the still stuck silicone on the cover and coach. I stole an eraser from my granddaughter and used it to rub on the silicone when it got thin and saved some of my thumb skin. The silicone application was just normal silicone application. Just run your bead where it looks like it needs to be. I will shoot a pic tomorrow and post the results. I am really torn on the fillet bead. All the silicone is holding is the cover. I don't know how strong it needs to be.
@newmarokie The lack of adhesive on the bottom of the mirror side cover may have been intentional. Leaving the bottom open would allow any moisture that may get under the cover to escape. My coach is in storage at the moment so I can't verify adhesive or no adhesive on my coach.

OK, let's try again

Attachments

• newmards1.png
    newmards1.png
    11.8 MB · Views: 38
  • newmar2.png
    newmar2.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 28
  • newemards3.png
    newemards3.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 25
  • newmards4.png
    newmards4.png
    11.2 MB · Views: 26
  • newmards5.png
    newmards5.png
    11.9 MB · Views: 17
Yes George, I had come to that conclusion and stated it in the previous post. I deleted the post because I made a mess adding the photos.

good info - thanks. This is what I got from Newmar for $80:

IMG_2385.jpegIMG_2390.jpeg

So I’m hoping it fits somewhat snugly over the mount plate under it. Haven’t had it apart yet to see.

I bet it does. Looks like the same as mine

Dressed back up and ready to go. I decided against the fillet bead of silicone. It felt good and solid this morning.

Attachments

• newmards7.jpg
    newmards7.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • newmards8.jpg
    newmards8.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 7
  • newmards6 (2).jpg
    newmards6 (2).jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 34
Dressed back up and ready to go. I decided against the fillet bead of silicone. It felt good and solid this morning.
looks perfect. Hope mine comes out that good.

Latest resources

Back