Shattered bedroom window

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I don’t think that’s going to buff out.

sorry to hear of your troubles. I agree with everyone else. Odd break pattern. Ask Newmar and NIRVC, worst they can say is no. If they do, find a local glass shop. They can probably make something better or just as good for less. Glass Tape until then is a good idea.

Glass breakage is not covered under the Newmar warranty, I have tried ?.View attachment 2233
"Glass breakage" is one thing (and, I understand Newmar's position there) but a failure like @sheridany has experienced seems to be more of a "glass failure," if you will. I'd still be talking to Newmar about it.

TJ

I exchanged emails with Newmar this morning and they believe the impact was noted by arrow. The cost of the new window from newmar is 479.00. I am checking prices elsewhere and waiting for responses.

E4646240-2DCC-4289-A40B-91A638F68957.png

Well that sucks. Side impact? Someone shooting at you with a BB gun or something?

I exchanged emails with Newmar this morning and they believe the impact was noted by arrow. The cost of the new window from newmar is 479.00. I am checking prices elsewhere and waiting for responses.

View attachment 2240
I think that is plausible; a rock kicked up by a passing vehicle could be the culprit. Are there any marks in the paint at the suspected impact point?

I'm still wondering, though, how an impact on the front edge would do that much damaged around the periphery without shattering the whole window. Guess we'll never know.

Does your insurance cover glass breakage? If so...and, depending on the deductible...that might lessen the pain a bit. In the long run, if it is only the glass, the damage is relatively light at the approximately $500 level.

TJ

@TJ&LadyDi it does cover but my deductible is $1k so I think I can get ift fixed for less. I am getting estimates from a couple of reputable shops.

Sheridan:
The weakest point in a piece of tempered glass is its edge. That's why I never understood the flush window concept that exposes the edges of the glass to potential damage. Not sure what the defense would be. Maybe wrap the edges with some sort of gasket could ease the blow of a rock or ???? I don't know.
I think it was just the luck of the draw.
$479.00 for a new window doesn't seem too bad, but you may be able to get a glass house to replace the broken glass and remake the insulated unit then replace it into the window frame.
Best of luck with your repair.

The saga continues. I ordered a new window from Newmar on June 8th and it was on the delivery truck for June 16th. Never showed up and then went back to in transit status and UPS is not taking calls. Newmar says today it’s lost and they need to file a claim and reorder.
These are trying times.

Hmmm, if you were in very high heat, if the sun was shining on that side, almost directly on that window, that could be the reason. But, it would seem to me, that it would have shattered in to hundreds of pieces.

We went from Yuma, AZ to Mesquite, NV to visit friends. Part of that trip was CA-95, and that one trip cured the BH of ever wanting to visit CA again, or even live there. We got stuck in Road Construction for 2 hours plus, and then they would not ever let our north bound traffic go, and only let the south bound traffic go, plus the road was so rough I thought the coach was going to vibrate apart. LA used to have bad roads, now CA has the worst, guess you get what you pay for, a trail costing 88 billion dollars which goes to nowhere.

Latest resources

Back