• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Shortening the Oasis exhaust pipe

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I took pictures from a newer coach. The only thing that concerns me is how the heat being directed out near the wet bay would possibly heat up and ruin a water hose…or interfere with dump hose. I would love not to have mine aimed at the patio area like it is now (Ventana)

This muffler has been successfully added to the Oasis exhaust to quite things down a bit, although if you’re trying to improve flow it might be counter productive

This morning I drove to Harborfreight and bought an cordless impact driver.
Lifted the coach and in no time removed the 26’ long exhaust pipe. Take a look at the whole assembly🙀
By mistake had the phone on Video. Sorry.

That’s crazy! Mine comes out right in front of the rear wheels. That is often where the water hose and/or the sewer is located but there is never a problem moving them slightly away from where the exhaust is directed. Certainly not an issue.

The replacement will be about 3 feet long.

I put a generator in a 5th wheel I owned many years ago. I fit right up front under the bedroom. I changed the exhaust to run all the way out the back (36ft). I didn’t want noise at night. Had some fun with it. I put a y pipe in an had dual exhaust out the back with chrome tips. Had a lot of looks going down the road. :)

I just told anyone that asked that the trailer had an extra engine to help me get up the hills.

I have a 2013 DS 4318 the pipe exits the Oasis goes back a few feet and then crosses to the passenger side and dumps a few feet in front of the rear duals.

Had to replace it 2 years ago after running over a piece of a truck tire. Just took what was left to a muffler shop and the guy bent me up a new one and a couple of new brackets, easy.

Finally today I finished the job. Turned out to be V.3.0. Followed DKRITTER setup and moved the discharge to the passenger side. All I have now is one 90 and 5 ft straight pipe, eliminating about 20’+ pipe and number of bends.
Avoided the clutter around the electrical wire and wet bay hoses. Very pleased with the change. The sound is not laud at all.
D9D21070-F804-4FFC-BF07-30F2EE3B9D69.jpeg

Just as a FYI my 2014 DSDP 4369 has the Oasis exhaust exiting in front of the duals on the driver's side. It extends just aft of the power reel bay and forward of the wet bay. I make sure the power cord, hose and sewer hose are all away from the exhaust pipe.
It is interesting that Newmar would move that exhaust pipe to different areas of the coach from year to year.

Latest resources

Back