Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TJ&LadyDi

RVF "Dinosaur"
We parked for the night about an hour ago and a few minutes later, I noticed that the "Battery" light was yellow on the SilverLeaf panel and it said the house batteries were "0 volts." A quick check with my Fluke VOM showed them to be 13.3V. Since we had a previous issue with the inverter popping a breaker, I crawled into the belly of the beast and checked. They were both set.

Remembering the "soft reset" procedure from when we had the previous inverter issue, I went in and initiated the "Restart TM102." The battery light turned green and read "All OK" with house batteries now showing 13.3V. So, the problem is apparently cleared.

The bigger question is are we experiencing the early signs of the SilverLeaf TM102 failing? Or, is this something that happens periodically? We did run the generator and two ACs on the trip from Polson, Montana to Spokane Valley, Washington. Is that something that could cause this issue?

Since things seem to be back to normal, I'm not too worried about it right now. We'll be back at the sticks&bricks tomorrow evening...and, for a few weeks...so I can dig more deeply into this then.

Any ideas, folks?

TJ

I would call Silverleaf customer support, they are great, they designed it, is'/are aware of how Newmar installed it, so they can help you better than many. You can search on internet for phone number. In my old APEX, it had everything controlled by S/L, and they were great helping me out. Even though Alpine had gone, they replaced some stuff free, and gave me deal on the other things I needed to get updated. Pleasure to work with them, highly recommended company. FWIW-Many techs don't know or understand S/L. I learned it on the job so to speak even though I did go to RV School and was Master Certified RV Tech. S/L is its own system. But when we looked at NA's, I liked the way S/L was integrated into motorhome, and the way it worked. It was much easier to use that system than in my old MH. It does more stuff, but it better designed.

I agree with calling Silverleaf but a soft reset is likely. Restart TM102. Refer to "SilverLeaf Issues" in search bar. TJ had same issue. and resolved.

Latest resources

Back