• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Single or Dually

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Well, you're out of my league in terms of RV experience as I've only had my 24' Outdoors RV for a year. We prefer going to a campground that has more room and privacy and staying for a while which is why we avoid rest areas. As you will remember, the Northwest is full of forested campgrounds, both private and State Parks and many are on the ocean or on rivers. So our feeling is with all that beauty, why stay at a rest area? You make a good point though about the length of the 5er we're considering, and frankly I wasn't aware of the difficulty of finding campgrounds that accommodate that, let alone pull throughs. So maybe I should scale back to a 30' fifth wheeler. I just haven't found one that size with the layout and quality we prefer. Any ideas?

Sorry for the late reply Gizmo, we just got back from a trip. The difference for us is that we like to spend 3 to 5 days at a nice campground before moving on, so staying at rest stops would not work for us. While making reservations at various campgrounds for our current 24' trailer, just for curiosity, I've been checking for 40' sites with 50 amp and have found that "up to 40 foot" sites don't seem to be a problem. But yes, you're right about the 50 amp. So if I don't need aircon, I can either just watch my amp usage (next biggest user is the microwave) or occasionally run my generator. I do that quite often on my boat.

Latest resources

Back