Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

TaylorTribe

RVF Newbee
Well we purchased a 2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite May 3 of this year. We have taken it out for 2 camping weekends. First weekend was great and we had no issues. The second weekend we extracted the one slide and it was making a terrible noise. Similar to a grinding noise. Called the dealership who swore they knew what was wrong and said it needed an adjustment. They did this adjustment and low and behold the noise was still there. The dealership called Coachmen who claims this is due to “poor construction”! The dealership told us we needed to keep it lubricated. However, the noise is still there and the dealership claims this is the best they can do. Anyone have any similar problems? I am mind blown this is the best they can do for a camper that has not even been off the lot for 60 days!

Attachments

• IMG_3988.MOV
    16.6 MB
Vicki Vanover
Customer Parts Representative
+1 574-825-6243
[email protected]
Emily Kline
Sales Coordinator
+1 574-358-0404
[email protected]
Gary Grigsby
Customer Service Manager
1+ 574-358-0401
[email protected]
Debra O'Rourke
Customer Service Representative
1+ 574-825-8519
[email protected]
I found these contacts on Coachmen web site. No way they can say the best we can do. I say call the CS manager. Coachmen is owned by Forest River.

Thank you for this! It’s been a ridiculous ride. The ONLY person we could get help from was Norco the slide manufacturer. We are so frustrated!

We have a new Class C, picked up in January and I am picking it up Wednesday for our next trip. Every trip I feel like I am borrowing my coach from the shop. I hope I do not need to take back to the shop after this trip. This was our first new purchase all others we bought used. It has not been what we had hoped. But better days ahead.

Check your legal rights with a good attorney. Typically this is very informative and if attorney contacts OEM and dealer, things will get resolved.

We have a new Class C, picked up in January and I am picking it up Wednesday for our next trip. Every trip I feel like I am borrowing my coach from the shop. I hope I do not need to take back to the shop after this trip. This was our first new purchase all others we bought used. It has not been what we had hoped. But better days ahead.
That is exactly how we feel. The excitement we had is pretty much gone. I regret buying new.

Latest resources

Back