• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Slide Operation, Baystar

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Without talking to an engineer I am only guessing, but!

Leveling systems are not perfect, without stress sensors, the levelers could twist the frame. This would cause marring,to breaking of floor treatments, or worse!
If built sitting on the wheels, at least the slides would be assembled to fit in the hole! Thus the reason instructions might say not yet leveled on some coaches.

Three point Leveling systems might avoid this problem, however, levelers are not on center line with axles, so would still introduce twist.

Wheat stone bridges mounted to the box with complex algorithms in the leveling controls, could reduce the problem, but find it hard to believe the cost would be an easy sell to investors.

So until manufacturers try to take the human equation out of leveling, follow what your manufacturer outlines in the manual provided.

It has been explained to me on several occasions that if you are fairly level when parked, extending slides before leveling jacks is OK.
However, if you extend slides before jacks, retract in the same configuration. Slides out and in with Jacks up. OR Slides out and in with Jacks deployed. Don't mix the procedures. The slides going out will take a set based on frame twist is my understanding.
Yeah, that is what I do. Thanks for the reply.

Latest resources

Back