Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Steve and Cindy

RVF Regular
Hey guys. My slide out stopped working today. It moved about a quarter inch then stopped. There’s a stupid recording of a woman’s voice telling us to clear everything away from the area that automatically plays every time we move the slide out. She babbled her nonsense for a while even though the slide out wasn’t moving. I kept trying to close the slide out and each time I heard the motor come on but the slide out barely moved and each time the motor and the voice recording got shorter and shorter until now there’s nothing. The button is just dead and chickie doesn’t say a word. LOL.
I’ve read that there MIGHT be a slide out controller but I can’t find one. Anyone know where it might be or if there even is one? Or know what else I should looking at? House batteries are fine. Breakers are fine. It’s a 2000 London Aire.
How do I test the slideout motor?

If it's an electric slide motor I suggest being on shore or gen power.

If it's a hydraulic slide I hear you should have the engine running.

I'm not sure which slide but the controllers can be found in the basement, typically on the chassis rail. You can try turning off 12V power to the coach for a minute, then turn it on again and retry and that should reboot the controller.

Well I bypassed the controller and put power directly to the motor and it works fine. I assume it’s the controller but someone else mentioned a proximity sensor. What does this do and where would I find it?

Mine did the same last winter, I called Newmar and they sent me the re-programming instructions, see attached, my controller was located in the basement ceiling under the slide

Attachments

• Programming DSC100.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 16
Mine did the same last winter, I called Newmar and they sent me the re-programming instructions, see attached, my controller was located in the basement ceiling under the slide
My controller is under the kitchen sink. But someone mentioned a proximity sensor and that it should be checked first. Any idea what that does?

My controller is under the kitchen sink. But someone mentioned a proximity sensor and that it should be checked first. Any idea what that does?
No, sorry, Newmar walked me through the reprogram, they never mentioned a proximity switch, only tried as @Neal mentioned that killing 12v power can reboot it "sometimes"

No, sorry, Newmar walked me through the reprogram, they never mentioned a proximity switch, only tried as @Neal mentioned that killing 12v power can reboot it "sometimes"
Well apparently not all slide outs have them. Our bus is old (2000) so it probably doesn’t. So I’m guessing it’s just the slideout controller. Apparently some of them can be reset so now I’m trying to see if mine can be reset. I did unplug the power to it but that didn’t help. Guess I’ll order a new one.

Latest resources

Back