Chassis
F53
Engine
V10
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon
Fulltimer
No
After purchasing our 2005 Holiday Rambler years ago, I started scouring the net for any info/problems I may encounter. I ran across this common issue with the slide outs and how they were built. The bottom trim piece of the slide funnels water on top of the slide floor, if the sealant is not re-applied often. I watched the Talin RV videos describing this problem and sure enough, my bedroom slide floor was starting to sag, plus the slide rollers were starting to gouge the slide floor. Watch the videos on the link below to see a better explanation.
I emailed Talin RV back and forth with dimensions and measurements. He was extremely helpful with all of my questions. My pretty stainless plates arrived a few weeks later with everything I needed for the install. I bought the Guardian plates that extended under the rollers to prevent further gouging. I would highly recommend these for anyone who discovers this problem on their motorhome.
Our living room slide had already been repaired by the previous owner. I wish he would of used Guardian Plates.

Here you can see the before picture of the slide out floor just starting to droop, and some of the gouging from the rollers.

After the repair with Guardian Plates

Thanks for posting this. I've never heard of it before. I'll have to inspect my 4 slide outs and see how mine looks! :oops:

Pretty and functional!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back