• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Snubbing the Coronavirus

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
"It's an ill wind that blows no one any good!" - The Proverbs of John Heywood (1546)

TJ

I really like the woodworking projects that are being done. With our woodshop being closed down for the past month here I am really jonesing for the opportunity to get back to working with wood. It is such a great hobby regardless what you are making. Hopefully we will get things opened up before to much longer.

All my maintenance issues have been fixed up for the moment, that will change as soon as I fire this baby up and roll a mile down the road that for sure. Time to take a look at the list of MODS people have done and think about some of those really cool ideas for my coach too.

I've only been working one day per week doing "essential" stuff at the gov jobsite.
We've managed to sand and re-stain the whole deck and pergola at the house.
Installed a usb/12v outlet in the bedroom of the motorhome.
Now what to do? We have been going on a daily bicycle rides.
Getting stir crazy, but I'll keep up the social distancing. Funny, I've been practicing social distancing for many years before this all went down!
When the wife and I were working 40+ hours a week, we just wanted to hang out at home, or at a campsite, and relax. It's not as fun now that we have to.?

While you guys are "playing House" :) I'm crawling on my knees on the roof of the DS and installing two SoftStart units on my #1 and #3 AC's.
Hey Buly, did you get those SoftStart units installed? And if so, what kind of report can you give us? I considering installing a couple as well in anticipation of being able to run at least 1 AC with my portable Honda EU2000i Inverter generators.

Hey Buly, did you get those SoftStart units installed? And if so, what kind of report can you give us? I considering installing a couple as well in anticipation of being able to run at least 1 AC with my portable Honda EU2000i Inverter generators.
Hi Jim,
I installed them, but we are stuck in the house. Don’t have any real life tests yet. Couple of my neighbors also installed them. Hoping to start our summer trip the end of May?
Neal had them for a while. Maybe he can report?

They are effective, you will notice your GEN doesn't load up (rev up) when AC's come on, used in SP's with 30A service and ran 2 AC's just fine. Highly recommend.

Thanks for the report guys! I've heard nothing but good about the SoftStart product.

santa and the pandemic.jpg

Latest resources

Back