• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Soft spot on roof

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I would get it checked yesterday. Even the slightest possibility of water intrusion and subsequent damage is nothing to fool with.

Not on a Newmar, but I had a roof leak for probably 3 years on a previous MH, bought brand new. I don't trust the roof on any RV. Once the roof was replaced I had RV Armor put on. That is the first thing I do to any RV these days. Granted there are other entry points for water other than directly on top.
In my case, where the round of the roof met the side wall was supposed to be sealed with silicone. There was no sealant all down both sides of the coach. I am glad I found the water inside early. I would have chased that for a lifetime and never found the source.

I would get it checked yesterday. Even the slightest possibility of water intrusion and subsequent damage is nothing to fool with.

Not on a Newmar, but I had a roof leak for probably 3 years on a previous MH, bought brand new. I don't trust the roof on any RV. Once the roof was replaced I had RV Armor put on. That is the first thing I do to any RV these days. Granted there are other entry points for water other than directly on top.
In my case, where the round of the roof met the side wall was supposed to be sealed with silicone. There was no sealant all down both sides of the coach. I am glad I found the water inside early. I would have chased that for a lifetime and never found the source.
Thank you! I am looking at this to be my first.
Shows no evidence of leaking, but I am cautious. How much did replacing your roof cost? Just approx.

Forest River stepped up and it did not cost me anything. The RV Armor at that time was $3500.00

How bad is an 18" soft spot on the roof of a Newmar Bay Star 2901?
@Newme if you add to your profile info about your RV it will help with suggestions on your current issue and future questions. My first thought was what year is this a warranty claim that Newmar will fix?

Warning Warning Will Rogers.....soft spots are an indication of roof structure damage.....Sometimes its easy and other times not so much ...

IMG_1467(Edited).jpg
IMG_1467(Edited).jpg
roof repair.jpg

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back