• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

planewryter

RVF Newbee
Hello!

Two months ago, we met a fellow in an RV Park that had recently purchased a marvelously renovated ~35 foot unit (don't recall which manuf) for less than $50K. He mentioned he bought it from a renovation shop owned and operated by the former CEO of a major RV manufacturer that now sells renovations.

We were impressed, and wanted to ask him the name of the renovation shop where he got it...unfortunately, he left the park before we could inquire.

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Any idea as to the name(s) of the renovation shop? Or, the former CEO?

Many thanks in advance for your assistance!

Plane Wryter

Many of us really due our own renovations. There are a couple threads on hear where people have documented the renovations including myself. The nice thing about doing it yourself “for me anyway” is the satisfaction of a job well done, being able to make the changes you want and make it your own. The nice thing is, you can buy one that needs an upgrade and usually get it pretty cheap. Done right, the upgrades can improve resale greater then the expense of doing them.

You will likely find more than one. I remember a show where they were rebuilding older RVs.

We used Classic Coach Works in Ormond Beach, FL. They did a wonderful job!! We spent about $15,000 on this last trip and plan to go back for a few more things we have on our list. Call Alan Williams at 386-944-9716. Tell him that Curtis and Crystal Smith recommended him. His family has owned the business for about 25-30 years. Before you call go to their website so you can narrow your ideas down. They have hundreds of pics to look at on their website.
www.classiccoachworks.com

Last edited:
This is probably not the place you are looking for, but I have seen many videos of what these guys do, and they are good. The do specialize in Country Coach, since that is who they work for, nearly 20 years. Junction City, Or

Lots of mom&pop shops doing resto work. My sister works with one of them in Tucson who does Airstream and Spartan trailers. He does top notch work and charges top notch prices.

Latest resources

Back