RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
Yes
Ha! Made you look! :cool:

The husband, recently retired, now has time to "deep dive" the ins and outs of the Ventana vs. the DS and he is looking line by line at each MH. We have looked at these MHs physically in and out over a three year period. He has been working and never really got into the details and he is really seeing the differences as he looks at the specs. I've been reading The Other Board and have learned all about the differences beyond heated floors.

Today we pulled the specs on the Spartan chassis (from Spartan) and the Freightliner; same deal.

He has a question on the Spartan transmission on the Dutch Star. On the Spartan transmission, it says "Allison 4000MH". On the Ventana, it is an "Allison 3000MH".

The Freightliner shows an Allison 3000 6-speed transmission on both.

Is this a real difference? On the other Newmar DP rigs, the transmissions are the same as the DS.

What exactly is the difference?

Thanks for your help in me telling him. ;)

I believe the transmission is the same regardless of chassis manufacturers, Allison 3000. This applies to both Ventana and Dutch Star

Thanks, NWIP. I tried telling him that. We looked at the Entegra specs also and there is no difference. I think it might literally be a printing error. The Spartan combines quite of bit of information on one small page. I told him to call Newmar for a detailed explanation-he told me to ask you all! :ROFLMAO:

Info is on Newmar website under specs, both Spartan and Freightliner is shown for all models. Agree that probably a typo on part of Spartan marketing brochure. Good luck in the research we spent about 5 years on the process.

The transmissions are the same across brands for both Spartan and Freightliner. Newmar sets the spec and the chassis builders conform to that spec.

The Ventana and DS both have the 3000 Allison and when you move up to the “High Line” you get the 4000 (except the New Aire, which I think still comes with a 3000.)

For Entegra, all three main coach lines - Aspire, Anthem, and Cornerstone come only on Spartan chassis. They do not offer a Freightliner option. The Aspire and Anthem ride on a K2 and the Cornerstone rides on the K3.

However, within the Spartan line, not every K2 and K3 chassis in a given model year is necessarily the same. For example, coach builders may spec in differences for a K2 destined for a 2020 Anthem versus a K2 ordered by Newmar for a 2020 Dutch Star. For example, a K2 on a 2O20 Anthem has push button start. The Dutch Star still uses a key.

And sometimes the chassis builder doesn’t follow the spec. Our 2017 Dutch Star on a K2 had disk brakes on all three axles although the Newmar spec for the Dutch Star is Disk-Drum-Drum.

Last edited:
The NADP is a 3000

Latest resources

Back