• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Spray port

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Also can you tell me if I should be connected to the city water port or the fresh water port? I don't understand the difference.

Also can you tell me if I should be connected to the city water port or the fresh water port? I don't understand the difference.
City water is where you hook your hose for water all the time.

Fresh water is to fill up your tank.

Thank you thank you! Sooo many things to learn! I love this forum and the amazing people!

Thanks for the photo. I must confess that I have never seen a connection setup quite like that. My first thought is that by the appearance of the connector you have the blue, curly hose hooked to is not for water output. It appears to be another input connection. I could be wrong.

I think you might be able to solve your problem by putting something like this…

…at your city water input. That would allow you to use your curly, blue hose by just opening a valve on the tee.

TJ

Thanks for the photo. I must confess that I have never seen a connection setup quite like that. My first thought is that by the appearance of the connector you have the blue, curly hose hooked to is not for water output. It appears to be another input connection. I could be wrong.

I think you might be able to solve your problem by putting something like this…

…at your city water input. That would allow you to use your curly, blue hose by just opening a valve on the tee.

TJ
Yes that's what we use for wife to water her flowers when we're in Florida. Leave a dedicated hose for that and flushing the black tank. I hardly ever use the rv outside water connection on my fifth wheel.

Thank you. I will follow the link you sent. The port that the blue hose is connected to has a flap that comes down and on it has "spray port". There are 3 of these on the trailer.

Thank you. I will follow the link you sent. The port that the blue hose is connected to has a flap that comes down and on it has "spray port". There are 3 of these on the trailer.
It that’s the case, I think there is a valve somewhere that you are missing. If there are “3 of these on the trailer,” there are either three valves or they use some kind of special fitting that activates the individual port when connected. Never heard of this kind of arrangement before.

TJ

I just did a little research on “spray ports,” with which I was unfamiliar. Here’s a link to a discussion on another forum that sheds light on what might possibly be your problem; a stuck check valve.

TJ

Thank you! I've searched and searched without finding anything!

Latest resources

Back