RV Model
ss agile
RV Length
Chassis
mercedes benz
Engine
4cyc disel
TOW/TOAD
Hello Friends, Has anyone out there tried to hook up a Blackstone 17" Griddle to there propane hook up located in front of the rear passenger side tire? It appears that that hook up is a 15psi propane discharge and a Blackstone Griddle requires approx. 0.5 psi. which is way too much pressure. I went to a RV store and was told that for about $150.00 they could construct adapter with brass fittings to facilitate a connection. I looked online and cannot find anything ready made that might work I could always use the one pound tanks of propane but I would like to use the connection on the RV sine that's what it supposed to be used for. Any ideas or imput for you all. Thanks

Having that high of pressure at 15psi propane discharge is not normal, I would that looked at first. It should be regulated before the quick connection.
I have my Blackstone grill hook up to my Forest River RV, I got rid of the regulator and hose and screwed on a quick connector purchased from Amazon, Aupoko 1/4'' LP Quick Connect Fitting, Propane Quick Connect Adapter Fitting, Low Pressure RV Propane Propane Hose Quick Disconnect, 1/4" Quick Connect Plug x 3/8" Female Flare for Grill, Heater. I just use the 10' hose and connect to grille.

Hello Wreckman, Thanks for the response. I also think that the 15psi at the quick connect is too high....but... I got this number right out of my 2014 Roadtrek Owners manual on page112. The auxiliary BBQ male connector is Cast Products part # 829000 or 829120 and a hose assembly from MB Sturgis part # 100476. I've contacted Blackstone grills and am waiting for a response. I'll truy to post the page from the manual. Thanks again, Ken

Could you just add the regulator that came with the grill to the hose right Before the grill? I was able to tap into my propane right after the tank on our Winnebago Class A. Didn’t need any other regulators. Got part off of Ebay.

Hello Wreckman, Thanks for the response. I also think that the 15psi at the quick connect is too high....but... I got this number right out of my 2014 Roadtrek Owners manual on page112. The auxiliary BBQ male connector is Cast Products part # 829000 or 829120 and a hose assembly from MB Sturgis part # 100476. I've contacted Blackstone grills and am waiting for a response. I'll truy to post the page from the manual. Thanks again, Ken
Hello Traveling Ken,
I see on another thread on another web site is discussing the same problem you have,

Having that high of pressure at 15psi propane discharge is not normal, I would that looked at first. It should be regulated before the quick connection.
I have my Blackstone grill hook up to my Forest River RV, I got rid of the regulator and hose and screwed on a quick connector purchased from Amazon, Aupoko 1/4'' LP Quick Connect Fitting, Propane Quick Connect Adapter Fitting, Low Pressure RV Propane Propane Hose Quick Disconnect, 1/4" Quick Connect Plug x 3/8" Female Flare for Grill, Heater. I just use the 10' hose and connect to grille.
I agree with you . We have a Blackstone combo grill griddle and I have ours hooked up in the same manner. Our rig is a 2007 Coachman Encore

Could you just add the regulator that came with the grill to the hose right Before the grill? I was able to tap into my propane right after the tank on our Winnebago Class A. Didn’t need any other regulators. Got part off of Ebay.
Hello Suncruiser, I am unable to find a hose that has a male propane tank connector on one end( to attach to the regulator where normally the tank goes, either 1 lb or 20 lbs) and a quick connect to go on the RV BBQ quick connect. At worste I can use the griddle with 1 lb tanks. Thanks, Ken

Hello Traveling Ken,
I see on another thread on another web site is discussing the same problem you have,
Thanks Wreckman, At that link I found a discussion of the type of hose that will work!! Now I gotta see if I can find it on line. Thanks, Ken

Latest resources

Back