Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Stabilizing the trailer when parked and set up.

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

CABell

RVF Newbee
Bought a GD Imagine 2670MK this year. The electric jacks that come on the RV push down hard. That said when sitting in the living room or laying in bed you can still feel EVERY step someone else in the RV makes. I bought and tried wheel chock scissors for the tires, heavy duty manual telescoping jacks and Valterra stabilizers (only decent place for the Valterra is in the middle of trailer on door side) and set them up under each end of rear bumper and where I could get to the frame in front and sides. It helped but someone walking in the trailer you are sitting or in bed is still very noticable. Does anyone have a solution or do we just need to get used to it? Thanks!

Let me know when you find the solution. I have looked at the options and talked with people that utilize them and nothing seems to solve the whole problem.

You will need to release the pressure on the suspension system and the weight on the tires. Chocking or scissors chocks still allow the tires and the suspension to move.

The solution requires jacking up the trailer and putting jack stands under each side. Tires must be off of the ground. Then put the stabilizers down.

All of the above is a giant pain! Just deal with the slight bounce when someone is walking inside. Much easier and safer.

Bob

I would add that I went to a camper(TT) that had been pulled onto a slope and jacked up till the weight was off the door side tires mostly. They then did not put any jacks or posts in the middle. It was curving so badly the doors would not close on either end and it did not have a slideout on that side or I think it would have broken in half. These are not rigid frame units that can be suspended from the ends.

Or you could do this:
A332DF3F-44A7-45C5-A085-581B00CEA185.jpeg

Latest resources

Back