• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Starlink RV - Price Increase April 2023

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I just bought the portable unit/plan. Looking forward to trying it out. Any words of advice? Neal I hadn’t thought of dectivating in areas with good cell service. Can you do that whenever you want for as long (or short) a duration as you want? Unlimited on/off/on options?

With the ROAM (formerly RV) plan yes, you can deactivate at any time. Do so as soon as you're into your new billing period so you don't get billed for the next cycle. I'm currently suspended, hoping I won't have any issues reactivating, shouldn't but I won't unless cellular isn't working well enough now that's it's $150/mo. It's still a backup for me. I'm lucky to have two unlimited plans I've been hanging onto with AT&T and Verizon.

Based on the StarLink availability map, low priority service west of the Mississippi, given reasonable sky access, looks like it would most likely be reasonably fast. In the East, you would most likely by throttled, deprioritized depending on nearby users. The more sats Starlink puts up and when V2 Sats go up, speeds will improve.

With our Residential service, we regularly get 100+mbps speeds with acceptable latency, 20-30. This morning, Saturday in mid east coast FL: 82 down /16 up 32 ms latency. Works fine for all I do.

@Neal , I think the $150 depends on data usage and up time. One month I was charged $150, but in the app you can shut down Starlink for however many hours a day you want. I shut mine down from 11pm-4am. Now my bill is back to $130. No I just got a notice that rv’rs can purchase priority service for $2/GB.

Latest resources

Back