• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Suburban furnace does nothing

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
So I have no power to the blue wires, I even cut the factory wire caps to check just the blue wires coming down. Fuse ohmed out good, so it's possibly the crappy Dometic Thermostat they put in this rv. I've replaced it twice upstairs already and once down stairs

Did you check the dedicated 12v fuse in the fuse box for the furnace?

Yes. mine is a 15amp fuse. I pulled it out, made sure it wasn't burned and ohmed it. should I pull the fuse out and test where it is for power?

I will tomorrow. no power coming out of where the fuse should be at
Did you ever get it going? If you want to check the thermostat you can bypass it by removing the two blue wires and twisting them together. That's all the thermostat does, makes a connection between those two wires. That tells the heater to turn on. This video is of an old Suburban heater repair, but probably the same principle as the new ones:

Have not yet. I even replaced the thermostat. at first the ac would run on either ac or furnace, now it won't run on ac. so I think im going to return it.
will try to twist the wires together tomorrow. if it don't work, going to try to find someone to take a look at it.

Latest resources

Back