• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Summers end trip to Geneva, Ohio at Geneva State Park

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Who is ready to meet in Geneva State park?

• It is too far away for me.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

rvkev

Barth Show Coach
RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Barth
RV Model
Regency
RV Length
Chassis
Gillig
Engine
3208 Caterpillar
TOW/TOAD
Honda
Fulltimer
No
Geneva State Park is about 70 miles from our home. We have camped at the state park several times in the past ten years. This time we planed to meet another Barth couple for our get together. You do not see many BaRTH coaches in your travels. Here you will see two.

Ohio state parks and recreation tore down the cabins and replaced the old log cabins with full hookup recreational vehicle sites. All sites have sewer, water, and 50 amps electric. All sites on the lake, as you can see from the pictures, have a view of Lake Erie. The turns and lanes were a narrow for big rigs, but care and patience got us around the tight curves and parked.

It was a nice fall drive north with the cruise at double nickel. We were in no hurry. You can make the trip from my home to the State park in an hour if you like. At 55 miles per hour it takes about 100 minutes. Perfect for enjoying the fall colors.
geneva10.jpg

geneva18.jpg

After a tight turn into the campground another gracious camper patiently waited for me to unhook my toad and get into my spot. The roads are newly paved but still only wide enough for a car. The other BaRTH was already there and together we guided my rig into our spot.

Look two BaRTH Motor Homes in the same campground. Also note my new coal powered bicycle (electric bicycle). I actually call it my entry level Tesla. The other BaRTH owner has a nice little scooter instead of a toad. Any guesses as to who the other owner is. Maybe they will chime in when they notice the post.
geneva24.jpg

The beautiful sunset on Lake Erie and the Nature Center.
geneva28.jpg

geneva30.jpg

geneva32.jpg

I am not sure who invited these guys. They are called Midges. The little bugs look like mosquitoes but do not bite. The park ranger told me they are fish food. As for us humans maybe we can expect some big fish in the lake. The bugs did annoy us. Midges fly up your nose or in your mouth. I learned the hard way to keep all the windows closed and do NOT run an outside air fan. It took two hours to vacuum the bugs out of the BaRTH. After that we left the air conditioner fans on. We still brought some bugs home anyway.
geneva34.jpg

geneva38.jpg

It was nice to get to see our friends. I handed out several RVforums postcards and hope to see some of the folks we met in the Geneva State Park. The BaRTH is home now.

The leaves were over half down on our trip home.

geneva.jpg

Last edited:
IMG_0425.JPG

Important to note is these bugs appear generally only two times a year, mid-May and mid-October, for a couple of weeks each time. I actually enjoyed vacuuming.:LOL:

Latest resources

Back