• Commercial/Vendors welcome

SunLite 16bh

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
We have owned an 18RD for a few months, been out a couple times. We love it! Perfect size for us, love it! It is light and easy to tow we had a few issues first time out, bad element in the water heater and a poor fitting interior seam behind the stove. Overall we are very pleased

Hello All,
My husband and I are about to purchase the Sunset Park SunLite 16bh. Since they are a small family owned company, I have found very few reviews on the camper Does anyone have information or opinions on this unit? Thank you so much !!!

Hello All,
My husband and I are about to purchase the Sunset Park SunLite 16bh. Since they are a small family owned company, I have found very few reviews on the camper Does anyone have information or opinions on this unit? Thank you so much !!!
My wife and I have a Sunlite 16BH and are very happy with it. If I was going to buy another camper, I'd go with the 18 instead of the 16 in the SunLite line. We have been impressed with the SunLite features and quality. It tows like a dream has surprising amount of usable space and is easy to set up and tear down. We wanted something small for just the 2 of us and that we could pull with my Chevy Colorado. The SunLite 16BH fit the bill perfectly. We sat on the fence and shopped for 2 years before we made the move. We just got tired of tent camping!

My husband and I pick up our Sun Lite 16BH this weekend. We are excited to use it! There are so many features. Our version has both awnings, the overhead bunk/storage area, single basin sink, 3 burner cooktop with oven, Wineguard HDTV antennae, plus the off-road/tow package. So many amenities are included with the Sun Lite 16BH including solar and backup camera prep, outside shower, inside and outside speakers, sturdy entrance step (important for our older dog), TV prep, microwave, separate (and good sized!) fridge and freezer, and so much more! Sorry if I'm gushing. Like I said, we are excited. Hope this info helps.

Do you need a sway bar or weight distribution bar for this rig?

Do you need a sway bar or weight distribution bar for this rig?
With it weighing what it does, I wanted a load-leveler hitch for ours. Just picked it up today with an ReCurve (Eaz-Lift 400#) hitch installed. Perfectly satisfied with the ride on our way home.

A MAJOR problem is the stupid ladder. It's bolted into the 7/8 OSB and that is all. It flexes the pathetic insulation around the door and water gets in and rots the floor. Ask me how I know (hint: I just repaired mine.)

I am going to weld some kind of ladder holder onto the back and reinforce the floor with steal and use pins to drop in and hold it in place while being used and removable to put back in the holder on the bumper.

A MAJOR problem is the stupid ladder. It's bolted into the 7/8 OSB and that is all. It flexes the pathetic insulation around the door and water gets in and rots the floor. Ask me how I know (hint: I just repaired mine.)

I am going to weld some kind of ladder holder onto the back and reinforce the floor with steal and use pins to drop in and hold it in place while being used and removable to put back in the holder on the bumper.
Is your ladder on the back of your camper, or the side? Ours has no ladder, but it does have a ladder mount on the side to accept one. I just purchased a 14’ extendable ladder from Harbor Freight, to give me access to the top if/when needed. It collapses down small enough, that we just leave it in the pass-thru under our bed.

Ref: FRANKLIN Portable 14 ft. Reach Telescoping Ladder - Item 56729 14 ft. Reach, Type I, 250 lb. Portable Telescoping Ladder

Latest resources

Back