Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4326
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2020 Ford F-150
Fulltimer
Yes
For easter, we needed to extend our table and pull down the support leg. This was the first time we'd ever needed to use the table leafs and support leg and we didn't check this at the factory but when we pulled down the support leg, it was 9/16" too short - just over a half inch!
IMG_7883.jpg

For easter, we stuck some cardboard under the support leg so that it could do its job and then I gave Newmar parts a call and asked them to send me a table leg that was the proper length - 28 9/16".
IMG_7885.jpg

They were happy to do that but the parts guy looked up the spec and said my leg length was to spec at 28". To me, that means they're all coming out of the factory like this?

Anyway, I was going to have them send me another leg but then I realized it'd be quicker and easier for me to handle it myself. So I just:
1. Unscrewed the table leg from the 1/2", 3" x 8.5" wooden block glued to the bottom of the table top
2. Cut out another 1/2" x 3" x 8.5" block - the same size as the wooden block the leg is screwed to under the table from a piece 1/2" x 4" x 11" poplar I had lying around.
3. Screwed that block into the wooden block that was glued to the bottom of the table top
4. Screwed the leg into the new wooden block.
5. To make up for the missing 1/16", I put a couple of felt pads on the bottom of the support leg, over the screw holes that were there.
IMG_7931.jpg

Luckily there was still enough clearance to fold the table leg back up and I didn't have to create another 1/2" block for the magnet that holds the leg when stowed.

Anyway, check your support leg if you have one. You might have a small woodworking project your future.

Last edited:
Can’t be real without pictures :p

While I haven't seen the evidence yet I was wondering if one of those screw type things that go on the end of legs to adjust height would work? You'd have to insert some type of female thread adapter in the end of the leg then screw in the leg height adjustment contraption.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=leg+height+adjuster&tag=rvf01-20

While I haven't seen the evidence yet I was wondering if one of those screw type things that go on the end of legs to adjust height would work? You'd have to insert some type of female thread adapter in the end of the leg then screw in the leg height adjustment contraption.

Amazon.com : leg height adjuster
Those would probably work too, but I'd venture to guess you'd always be adjusting them unless you put some locktite on them or something.

Latest resources

Back