Chassis
Sparten
Engine
450 cummins
TOW/TOAD
2022 Grand Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I cannot locate the answer on Newgle, I have 3 valves side by side, low point drain hot, low point drain cold and tank rinse.

I also have the hose connection for sewage rinse, what does the tank rinse do, rinse the gray or fresh tank?

rinse.jpg

That is the low point drain for the black tank rinse plumbing, used when winterizing.

That is the low point drain for the black tank rinse plumbing, used when winterizing.
thank you, that makes sense now that I think about it, love this forum!

thank you, that makes sense now that I think about it, love this forum!
On my Dutchstar when I disconnect the hose from the tank rinse, water runs out of the hose connection point making a big mess. If I open that valve and let the excess water drain, I can then disconnect the hose with little to no water. I then close the valve again for the next time.

Yes, mine also, great tip, thanks

Note that low point drains for the grey and black tanks (I have for a grey rinse as well) dump on to the ground directly under the rig. Are you absolutely sure your black tank is indeed empty even though it claims 0% and nothing more comes out of the dump valve? Feeling lucky?!? :sick:

Best,
-Mark

Note that low point drains for the grey and black tanks (I have for a grey rinse as well) dump on to the ground directly under the rig. Are you absolutely sure your black tank is indeed empty even though it claims 0% and nothing more comes out of the dump valve? Feeling lucky?!? :sick:

Best,
-Mark
My rig doesn't have tank drains, other than fresh water tank drain

I don’t believe you have low point drains on the grey or black tanks. That would be a health code violation in almost every jurisdiction in the USA. Low point drain handles are for your hot and cold water pipes (2) in the coach and the 3rd is the fresh water tank. All low point drains are technically fresh water. I believe, and has been the case on all our RVs, the only way to drain the sewage tank is through the sewage 3” fittings (or your macerator if you have one) and the same is true on your grey water tank.

The sewage tank washout fitting is a standard garden hose fitting connection to introduce water to the black water tank to better flush debris and solids from the tank. ALWAYS have the 3” sewage valve open as water entering this cleaning port fitting will quickly fill the blank tank and will cause sewage to back up into the toilets ruining your coach if it cannot drain to the connected campground sewer fitting.

I don’t believe you have low point drains on the grey or black tanks. That would be a health code violation in almost every jurisdiction in the USA. Low point drain handles are for your hot and cold water pipes (2) in the coach and the 3rd is the fresh water tank. All low point drains are technically fresh water. I believe, and has been the case on all our RVs, the only way to drain the sewage tank is through the sewage 3” fittings (or your macerator if you have one) and the same is true on your grey water tank.
Well, when in doubt, here are photos. Yes, some Newmar rigs do have grey and black low point rinse drains in addition to the standard hot and cold fresh water dains and the fresh water low point drain (valve burried in back left corner behind the plastic tray under the shower valve). Open up that black one if you want a colorful and very smelly surprise. Ask how I know... ;)

They may not be true black and grey low point drains, but the stuff that comes out of them contain the same stuff...

Best,
-Mark

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230806_185845_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_185845_Opera.jpg
    631.9 KB · Views: 15
  • Screenshot_20230806_190030_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_190030_Opera.jpg
    532 KB · Views: 14
  • Screenshot_20230806_190045_Opera.jpg
    Screenshot_20230806_190045_Opera.jpg
    714.6 KB · Views: 14
Wel I stand corrected!!! Just glad my 2020 Mountain Aire does not have them. Could not afford the fines !!

Latest resources

Back