RV Model
Lantern 263BH
RV Length
30.7 ft.
TOW/TOAD
2019 Ram 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab 4X4 5.7 bed
Fulltimer
No
As my wife and I are new to RV-ing, I have another newbie question. We'll likely camp with our travel trailer every 3 weeks or so this year. So far only weekend trips planned. In its down-time, the trailer sits in our side-yard, leveled and connected to electric(and surge protected) but not water. What's the best way to let it sit for those inactive periods? My thoughts are: slider and awning in, Refrigerator on, AC on but set to come on only above 80 degrees or so, to help keep the interior contents from the wear and tear that the blistering Virginia Summer sun can dish out. Water & sewer are not connected, as we are not occupying it. Tanks are empty. Anything wrong with that line of thinking? Anything I haven't thought of?

Thanks.

We leave our AC off and fridge off with fridge doors open.

For extended periods (more than a few weeks) I leave our coach plugged in, AC set at 78 and fridge empty with doors propped open.

I think you are fine doing it the way you are. It is personal preference on keeping the frig running I suppose. At least when you are ready to load and go for a weekend it is cooled down and ready.

As far as your holding tanks you might consider keeping a few gallons of water in them and a packet of Oxy-Kem (holding tank cleaner). Your trip to the next camping spot will let that small amount of cleaning solution bang around in those tanks and help keep them really clean.

Thanks for the replies.

As far as your holding tanks you might consider keeping a few gallons of water in them and a packet of Oxy-Kem (holding tank cleaner). Your trip to the next camping spot will let that small amount of cleaning solution bang around in those tanks and help keep them really clean.

That's a really good idea. I'll add that to the routine.

Much appreciated.

I don’t keep the ac or fridg on. Winter I do add a little heat with an electric heater.
water in the black tank is good, with treatment. Hook to power to keep battery topped.
I keep one of 3 slides out only for access to interior.

Latest resources

Back