Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
6.7 ISB 360/800
TOW/TOAD
2001 Jeep Wrangler
Fulltimer
No
Well I didn’t get one, maybe because my coach doesn’t have much extra wall space so it didn’t come with one (there’s no evidence of anything previously mounted on the walls), or maybe because I bought it used and the original owners kept it and have it hanging in their new coach??? I don’t know, but I’ve always kind of had clock envy so I mounted this one - keeps pretty good time and now I don’t miss the Newmar Clock so much…

Attachments

• B6BC1E53-4141-4BEF-BE52-46443991B3ED.jpeg
    B6BC1E53-4141-4BEF-BE52-46443991B3ED.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 36
The clock was the next thing I removed after removing the Newmar billboard at the back. After 5 years, we don’t miss either.

My “new” clock, which IIRC was a retirement gift, was hanging in my office which I never use, so we decided it deserved a place of prominence where it would actually do some good. And occasionally I care enough to glance at it, which either reassures me that I still have some memory left, or serves as a reminder when I realize I don’t.

That's funny...although it gave me an idea...my 93 year old Mom is always asking me "what day is it?". This might just solve her daily dilemma 😉 Kinda like the "ATOMIC" clocks for motor homes...gives you updated / accurate time / inside and outside temps / and moon phases. All on AA's that only need changing annually.

Not that old, but I've always been at a loss for what the date is. You do know that you don't have to have an "RV" clock in your RV? I believe that the Atomic clocks were not made for RVs until someone got the bright idea to market them to RVers.

Where did you find a clock like that? It is perfect.

We have the same replacement clock that Rich has in our coach. Comes in handy more than you would think. You can get it on Amazon

And its still keeping perfect time!
8F9DD523-78F9-4ECF-9A66-F0CB464BAD76.jpeg

Well, it's about time! We have one that displays time by the seasons throughout the year. Kind of a cool twist.

DSCN0155.JPG

DSCN0156.JPG

The Present Clock.png

From the developer: "

BY JOHN PAVLUS
1 MINUTE READ
“How do you live in the moment when the moment changes every second?” That’s the question that was nagging Scott Thrift, a filmmaker and inventor at the Brooklyn-based creative agency m ss ng p eces. (Yes, that’s actually how they spell it.) In order to make sure our lives don’t pass us by, Thrift felt that a new way of keeping track of time was necessary–one that could let us see individual moments as more than the sum of their parts. So he created “The Present,” a clock that doesn’t dice up time into discrete numerical bits, but instead visualizes it as a unified, colorful spectrum mirroring the seasons of the year. In fact, “The Present”‘s clock face takes an entire year to make one revolution.

“The Present”‘s prismatic color scheme was carefully designed to “tell the story of the seasons using subtle gradients of pure color to mark the Equinoxes & Solstices throughout the years.” At the 12 o’clock position is a blade of pure white, signifying the winter solstice, which slowly morphs to green (the spring equinox), to golden yellow (the summer solstice at the 6 o’clock position), to a hearty red (the autumn equinox). You can’t perceive the passing of the seasons on a minute-to-minute basis, and looking at “The Present” works the same way: It’s all about encouraging us to experience time as a natural, contiguous slipstream, instead of something to stress out about having too little (or too much) of in arbitrary chunks."

Latest resources

Back