• Commercial/Vendors welcome

The rapid decline of the RV industry

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I can’t speak for other brands but last year we bought a Nucamp T@B400. We put on 15200 towing all over Canada and extensively in BC. Probably north of 120 days. Not a single glitch or hiccup. Excellent quality, well screwed together. Well balanced. No complaints. We start our season in a week. Should be fun.
36549F4E-5550-4C40-8EF0-BD868B75248F.jpeg

I can’t speak for other brands but last year we bought a Nucamp T@B400. We put on 15200 towing all over Canada and extensively in BC. Probably north of 120 days. Not a single glitch or hiccup. Excellent quality, well screwed together. Well balanced. No complaints. We start our season in a week. Should be fun. View attachment 18338
Well OK, Voyageurs! But there can't be too much go wrong with an RV that I can carry around in my pocket.

lol, just kidding. ;) Happy for you buddy!

@purring along , could you expound on this please?
This is the short version .Newmar paid nirvc in Atlanta to reinforce our full wall slide, and replace broken tiles.In just over a year the tiles started breaking again. I refuse to return to Atlanta so we took the coach to the nirvc Tennessee location, where they found work needing to be done on the slide. The problem now is no replacement tiles to be had. In the beginning when we first went to Atlanta, they said they would retile our coach if no replacement were available. Now they are offering carpet, tiles that don't match, a small sum of money, or they will sell our coach at a reduced consignment rate. If we take the money we have to sign a release stating we will never discuss our problem with anyone. We said they can keep the money.

This is the short version .Newmar paid nirvc in Atlanta to reinforce our full wall slide, and replace broken tiles.In just over a year the tiles started breaking again. I refuse to return to Atlanta so we took the coach to the nirvc Tennessee location, where they found work needing to be done on the slide. The problem now is no replacement tiles to be had. In the beginning when we first went to Atlanta, they said they would retile our coach if no replacement were available. Now they are offering carpet, tiles that don't match, a small sum of money, or they will sell our coach at a reduced consignment rate. If we take the money we have to sign a release stating we will never discuss our problem with anyone. We said they can keep the money.
Sounds like that ultimately is a Newmar failure, since the full wall slide needed to be reinforced in the first place, and likely not a simple fix at a dealership. This is one of the major problems in the RV industry -- from QA to fixing structural integrity issues, they are farming out to RV techs, would should have been addressed before it ever left the factory.

OK, thanks for that. I misunderstood your original statement. I thought you meant “we” in the collective, rather than “we” as in you and yours personally.

What you are describing sounds structural, and Newmar warrants structure beyond the typical one year warranty period. I’m sure you knew that, but I don’t understand why Newmar would just say “too bad, so sad.” I did’t mean to step on an oozing wound. I’m sorry you are in that situation.

OK, thanks for that. I misunderstood your original statement. I thought you meant “we” in the collective, rather than “we” as in you and yours personally.

What you are describing sounds structural, and Newmar warrants structure beyond the typical one year warranty period. I’m sure you knew that, but I don’t understand why Newmar would just say “too bad, so sad.” I did’t mean to step on an oozing wound. I’m sorry you are in that situation.
No you didn't step on a wound, but more I appreciate people like you asking about our situation. I think its good to let others be informed. As for Newmar, they paid nirvc for the warranty work, so they feel our problem is between us not them ,and I agree.

There's a very narrow segment of society's hypocritial elite that propagate this view, often a part of their own agenda that does nothing other than to benefit their own situation. It's not political (for the most part) it's just a bunch of folks who think they shouldn't be subject to the same rules as the rest of the world.

I don't think the RV industry was exclusive to failing QA during covid, I think the gross lack of QA in the first place reduced it to dismal levels. The auto industry just made fewer vehicles and charged a whole lot more for them while offering few options at the same time.

The fuel thing is just good ole' supply and demand bolstered by never ending and accelerating greed. Energy dependance is helping that along nicely!

GM should have been allowed to dissolve, the bulk of their products are trying too hard to be relevant while falling woefully short of anything resembling inspiration or quality. They are most certainly not alone.
I do not agree with your asseeme t that fuel is “good ole” supply and demand. 2 years ago we had more then enough fuel at a great price that made driving affordable. [MOD edit - politics]. And where does that electricity come from-coal.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not agree with your asseeme t that fuel is “good ole” supply and demand. 2 years ago we had more then enough fuel at a great price that made driving affordable. Immediately after the new administration came in they struck down pipelines and started to be Saudi and Venezuela for fuel while at the same time insulting those that they were asking for more and better price. They also drained our strategic reserves-they want you to try to pull your RV with an electric truck that will go about 109 miles before you need to plug in. And where does that electricity come from-coal.
Coal??? In the US? Might want to check that. Maybe 20 percent ish. More like 7 percent in Canada. Coal is definitely on the downslide for electricity production in North America.

I do not agree with your asseeme t that fuel is “good ole” supply and demand. 2 years ago we had more then enough fuel at a great price that made driving affordable. Immediately after the new administration came in they struck down pipelines and started to be Saudi and Venezuela for fuel while at the same time insulting those that they were asking for more and better price. They also drained our strategic reserves-they want you to try to pull your RV with an electric truck that will go about 109 miles before you need to plug in. And where does that electricity come from-coal.

Gas will always come from the same source: you cannot draw oil from solar. Electric is heading towards a more sustainable future even if it’s not there yet and some states are actively fighting against it.

Latest resources

Back