• Commercial/Vendors welcome

The rapid decline of the RV industry

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I've seen this too, there's a bunch of lithium under several parts of Maine yet there is powerful resistance to letting it be mined.

The supply & demand I still agree with, I intentionally left out the part about who's messing with the "supply" part and their agenda.
I'd be resistant to people strip mining my home too.

Still about 50% in Alberta, though.
Coal generated power is on its last three months in Alberta. Then it goes to zero. There is a single coal generating plant still running then it goes to zero.

Coal generated power is on its last three months in Alberta. Then it goes to zero. There is a single coal generating plant still running then it goes to zero.

I thought the current administration reversed that moved and allowed someone to build a new coal fired plant.

I thought the current administration reversed that moved and allowed someone to build a new coal fired plant.
No. Coal is just too expensive. Natural gas is more advantageous on many fronts. Plus Alberta continues to invest in wind.

No. Coal is just too expensive. Natural gas is more advantageous on many fronts. Plus Alberta continues to invest in wind.
I prefer natural gas to coal. Just didn't think everyone else in this province agreed.

I'd rather see nuclear than any renewable option.

I prefer natural gas to coal. Just didn't think everyone else in this province agreed.

I'd rather see nuclear than any renewable option.
Yah nuclear is kinda cool. But regulations now call for 1100 year cost projections and bonds etc to deal with the deleted fuel. 60 years of operations and minimum 1000 year projections for long term storage. Most companies and their shareholders shy away from that kind of commitment. :). It’s extremely expensive now depending on the country.

Anyway, getting back to the OPs original post......I think the covid years hurt the RV industry. Let's face it 90% of RV manufacturers never really produced high quality products anyway, then you throw in inexperienced replacement workers and quality went from bad to worse in a hurry. I don't see them bouncing back anytime soon.

Anyone who jumped into RVing during covid without any experience probably is out or trying to get out by now. However, many (like myself) knew up front how horrible the quality control was in the first place so it really wasn't any big deal.

We have been in a brand new (cheaper) TT for almost 2 months now. This is a 32', no slides, no options, basic toy hauler travel trailer. I have already done several minor repairs. After the first 600 miles my fresh water tank fell down. I jacked it back into place yesterday at a campground and secured it with 4 ratched straps. In a couple weeks I will spend a month at a northern CG where I will do a permanent fix. I have a 1 year factory warranty and I would not even consider letting some dealership fix this. I want it fixed right so I don't have to deal with it again. This says it all about how great the RV industry actually is IMHO.

In a day or two, snug up your ratchet straps. New ratchet straps, and un-stressed older ones, tend to stretch slightly at first. It's not much but that extra tightening will make a difference. I have had straps that only tightened one or two "clicks" but I have had others that tightened up quite a bit. There seems to be no reason for the variance. Some straps just seem to be woven looser, I guess.

Latest resources

Back