• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert There is a reason we travel by RV

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I wouldn't over read into something like this. Just like a pilot, a controller, etc. all has to pass tests and ensure they can do the job satisfactorily. Shall I refer to the recent RV crossing a road and nearly getting t-boned by an 18 wheeler? So yeah, it applies to everything.
But Neal so often we lower the standards to fit a group of us that would not otherwise make the cut.

For instance,

This happens all the time.
When recruiting is easy, as it was in the 1980’s for example, I needed a high school diploma to enlist in the Navy. At the same time, the Army was taking non-grads and the USMC was taking GEDs. The USAF would not even speak to me.
In the early 2000’s, the Navy was accepting non-grads and no one made a fuss about it…
As the potential pool gets larger, employers (yes, the Armed Forces can be considered an employer) get more selective and raise the bar. As the pool shrinks, the bar is lowered…

My commercial flying ceased when I was required to take off my boots and empty my pockets in DSM Iowa. WHILE RETURNING FROM A DEPLOYMENT, IN FULL UNIFORM, ON A CHARTERED FLIGHT WITH NOTHING BUT FELLOW GUARD MEMBERS, AND OUR AUTOMATIC WEAPONS ON BOARD WITH US.
That incident told me all I need to know about "security" at an airport, and inside the U.S.
I'll drive, thank you, and help the commercial airline passenger industry go belly up.

Roger
Between my service time (1970-1973) I of course flew on a regular basis both on military aircraft and commercial. After discharge (LEO) I had to fly on official business several times and I can recall that the only thing I needed to get through the gate and onto the aircraft with my loaded firearm was a letter from my Chief/Director and permission from the actual pilot. It was easy back then before 9/11 and kids shooting their classmates.

Flash forward to current times and I am like Roger. I would almost rather take a beating than deal with a bunch of TSA idiots. Had to fly last week due to a death in my family and the unloaded-in-a-lock box handgun part actually went pretty smooth. The semi strip search going through security was another matter.

I'm not saying our airports don't need security I'm just saying a vast majority of these TSA folks are rude and could do much better dealing with the public.

So now they want to hire more disabled folks on top of already having tons of unfriendly employees? I don't know, maybe it will be an improvement?

Latest resources

Back