• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Alert This may have unintended consequences on Full Timers

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When they do that it runs into the storm drains, not the sewer, constituting a bio-hazard and making an extremely unsanitary condition; essentially the creeks and rivers become an open sewer no different than what is found in many third world countries. In a city with real management it would never be allowed to happen.
Yup. Many don't realize or care about the distinction between a sewer and a storm drain. A storm drain is for draining rain runoff. A sewer is for draining human waste. Good points, Rich.

Yup. Many don't realize or care about the distinction between a sewer and a storm drain. A storm drain is for draining rain runoff. A sewer is for draining human waste. Good points, Rich.
Amazing!

I lived aboard for two years in Newport Beach. I don't want to think about how many times, efforts to stop liveaboard permits due to sewer runoff after rains. They wanted to blame the boating community for land based dumping. However those multi million dollar mansions along the waterfront couldn't agree with regulations that would have effected their private slips.

But the bigger problem with runoff is not human waste! No it's pollution! Holding tank chemicals,,bug poison, roundup weed poison. And a toxic soup produced by a bunch of people who claim to care about nature, but it is to inconvenient to change what they are doing!

I know someone that tried to teach me how to stop from bringing home pests after a trip in the wild! They would spray down their rig before closing her up! Can anyone say runoff???

No! although as I go I find more things I need to stop doing for the environment. I don't have bug spray, chlorine bleach, chemicals for the head, biologically hazardous detergents, fabric softeners in my rig. Rather than looking at others and how controlling them will improve the world! We need to first consider how we are doing at home!!!

Homeless count in LA is currently 60,000+. Wonder how much waste 60,000 people make in a month. San Francisco now has an app for your phone to avoid the piles of poo.

This article notes the L.A. homeless population is now 75,000 (as of 2023 count). Uhg. If the growth rate from 2022 to 2023 (9%) remains the same for the count that just started, then it's almost 82,000.
In my military days I was in several third world countries, parts of LA now resemble those places. Just a matter of time before the diseases spread out to the rest of the country. I would think that TB is rampant in the homeless camps.

In my military days I was in several third world countries, parts of LA now resemble those places. Just a matter of time before the diseases spread out to the rest of the country. I would think that TB is rampant in the homeless camps.
TB is also rampant in the county jail, as is Covid. A good friend is a PD in L.A. and she has told me that on average 60-70% of the criminal cases daily are continued because the inmates are in quarantine for TB or Covid.
The courthouse she works in averages 140 criminal cases a day, and 70% of them are in a holding pattern since 2020 due to the constant resurgence of TB and Covid in the jails, a good majority of the jail population between November and May are vagrants that commit crimes simple to get a warm bed and hot meals during the winter, even more so now due to the rain and flooding.

Latest resources

Back