• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Thousand Trails

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Finally found the opportunity to purchase an annual pass with TT and Trails Collection by a very competent sales representative. The representative stays with you throughout your membership. This was the reason I chose to purchase a membership.
I have an aversion to Call Centers with random people when I need help. The representative's experience with most all CGs will help me pick and choose the proper CG for my needs.
If you have any interest in a membership with TT you might give her a call.

972 922 6102

Kim Cortez

Last edited:
I bought a top membership resale for 1/3 the price of what it was originally. The first year it paid for itself. Now it costs me less than 1k a year to renew the reg and add the trails collection. I burn that up in less than two weeks of camping
TT works for me because I generally go for the area, not the parks amenities. I could care less if the swingset is rundown. If I want a nice rv resort I can book and pay for that.
Enjoy the TT membership

We also bought on the resale market for a fraction of the original cost. The acquisition and 1st year maintenance costs were easily recovered the first year. Subsequent years, the annual maintenance cost has been recovered after about two weeks. It's been a good deal for us.

Lots of TT reviews by TT members etal on Youtube, spend some time watching, then there's no surprises!

You really have to "get in line" at 12:00 noon??? Not me!!:(
I quit the "line stuff" when I retired!
Think I'll just make my reservations, and arrive when I desire!:unsure:
"TT" is definitely not for me!! Have friends that are members, and enjoy it! To each his own!
Curious, or Nosey.....what kind of costs are the memberships??

WOW! Waiting in line, still baffles me to get into an RV park!! There's not one nice enough in the USA, for me to sit in line and wait for a site!! I'm shocked....naive.....or uninformed!!:confused:

Good Luck to all the members, and I hope you enjoy your membership!

This Line thing is not in my plan. We opted for the trails collection specifically to not get in line.
The TT campgrounds currently do not reserve a specific Spot but an available spot Is guaranteed. The Trails collection are Encore properties which provide site # reservations as I am lead to believe.
We will see how this works out.
Also, you are not alone with the aversion to the Line Thing. I’ve been told that TT is considering site #Reservations for all properties.
A two week stay at any property will cover my annual expenses so I’m not concerned about membership costs.

In the 4 years we've been using TT, we've been to 37 locations in 5 western states and British Columbia and have never seen a line to get in. There's just no way our timing could be so incredibly lucky to have missed this. I'm curious now, how many is considered a line and where are you seeing this to get in?

Last edited:
In the 4 years we've been using TT, we've been to 37 locations in 5 western states and British Columbia and have never seen a line to get in. There's just no way our timing could be so incredibly lucky to have missed this. I'm curious now, how many is considered a line and where are you seeing this to get in?
This is a common thing at TT Orlando, especially in the winter. They have like 1200+ sites and they allow time for the departing "crowd" to exit before they allow the new comers to go in. I've been turned around at 11:52 and I'd come back at around 1200 and there would already be 50 RVs in line. Once they open the gate it goes pretty fast. One way to avoid the line is to show up at 2pm - no line, allowed right in but you do have to stop at gate and get your paperwork.

TT is definitely not for everyone. We have been members for about 18 months including Trails connection and along with C2C and Ocean Canyon (a small 8 location membership in south east). Don’t have a house. If someplace is available at a membership we use it. I keep a pretty robust spreadsheet of all expenses. Over the last 566 days if we had been spending $50.00 per night we have saved over $26,100.00 including buy in and second years maintenance fee.

Sure some of the roads are rough and each location is different. We have never had to move to a different site due to maintenance issues.
I only use the roads one time in and one time out. Every night I sleep in MY bed and always have a toilet I’m not concerned to use.

Works for us.

First let me agree that T. T. is not for everyone. If someone in your party wants “glamping “ or if you are not a full time camper moving regularly or if you like to sit for months etc. it might not be best.

Thought I would share my reasons I decide to join and use it. Last year was our second full year full time. We were at parks 303 nights. We visit and stay with a daughter in November for holidays, Dr. visits, RV maintenance etc. and again in May. Last year we visited, virtually, each state from Texas north to Minnesota, east to Main, south to Florida and west back to Texas. Had we spent $50.00 per night our bill would have been $15,150.00. Our actual Park expenses was $1,059.63 for non T.T. Parks. Our annual dues for T.T. Was $1,229.00. We have the Adventure package plus Trails plus.

Prior to retiring I had a corporate level job and traveled a LOT. I don’t mind the rough roads (I only pull the RV in once and out once). I can’t remember a Park that didn’t offer a pool and some activities. Every night I sleep in my own bed and rarely use a public restroom. (things important to me).

Just my opinion.

Latest resources

Back