• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tiffin Dealers that negotiate pricing on new Units

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Personally I think 28% is a great deal, especially now. And if the dealer is closer to you, that is a winner.

HH

Food for thought. Yes you may be getting 28% discount, but, but, how much of an increase was added to MSRP before the discount!!!! From what I have seen there has been an 8 to 10% INCREASE on MSRP on some model coaches. Bottom line, ever hear the expresson, Their is NO FREE LUNCH.

Ha !!!
Really, if I am researching pricing nation wide and have bought 3 Tiffins overtime I know the true MSRP, and I can read.

If you want to believe that a good discount is not possible via research and negotiation then fine. But I know that if you take your time (maybe a couple weeks or more) you can make a substantial savings on your purchase but you can’t get it by just asking for it.

Also note, several independent websites post the actual MSRP for all manufacturers, you can find that if you look for it .

Don't criticize those who understand what they are doing when obviously you don't.

johnnie

So I don't know what I am doing. Lets see the new 2022 price with options of a Tiffin Red 38KA is $401,000, Base MSRP is approximately $375,000. This is right from Tiffins Roughing it smoothly magazine. Compare that price to a 2021 comparable coach. Tell me the percentage of increase.

And where is it I am criticizing? And I never said you can't get a good discount. Your smart ass comment tell me you are the one who doesn't know what you are talking about.

Getting a bit testy around here. HA
If a true MSRP is being used as the starting point, that amount would be established by the manufacturer. That would also mean each dealership would know what that MSRP would be. How each independent business owner relates that to selling price is up to each independent business owner.
What I don't understand is how some people expect a greater discount when paying "cash". Taking a wire or ACH for a full amount is quick (that is how we fund dealerships) but why that is worth an additional discount is beyond me.
Ken

I guess where you live the price of
Housing
Milk
Beef
Cars
Electricity
Gas/ Diesel
Are all dropping in price

Johnnie

Ken is right

Financing at current rates makes more sense than cash

Let your cash make more money in an investment

Johnnie

Getting a bit testy around here. HA
If a true MSRP is being used as the starting point, that amount would be established by the manufacturer. That would also mean each dealership would know what that MSRP would be. How each independent business owner relates that to selling price is up to each independent business owner.
What I don't understand is how some people expect a greater discount when paying "cash". Taking a wire or ACH for a full amount is quick (that is how we fund dealerships) but why that is worth an additional discount is beyond me.
Ken
The idea is with cash they have the full amount to reinvest right away, as opposed to waiting ten years. I think most don’t think the bank gives the dealer the full amount. So they are reimbursing the bank and not the dealer.

The dealer gets the full contract amount in 24 to 48 hours of signing the papers. Besides, when checks are involved, most banks hold them for several business days. Especially big ones. Yes, even certified funds can be held to be certain they clear. Cash very rarely means actual cash. Besides, if someone pays more than $9,999 in real $100's the dealer has a bunch of paperwork to do (IRS). "Cash" is generally a check or maybe a wire. Wires are available instant to the dealer. Wire is how we pay dealers, private sellers or paying off liens. Dealers do make more on a contract than cash or wire, that is just a fact.
Ken

Latest resources

Back