• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tire air pressure

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thanks for you response, I looked at the sticker in the driver door of which I thought was from Mercedes but it was Thor and the pounds for all 6 tires is 61 lbs cold, I plan to weigh the motor home anyway when it is fully loaded to check to make sure it’s all correct loaded but for now I feel my question has been answered.

Most tire failures are caused by (a) road hazards, (b) low tire pressure causing sidewall flex and overheating.

As to weighing the unit loaded, I find that from site to site and week to week our contents change, thus the load changes. Thus weighing the RV, I view, is not a practical situation.

If the tires are of the original type and size, I use the manufactures ratings found on the appropriate placard. Otherwise, inflate to the maximum cold pressure as found on the sidewall of the tires.

Bob
Thanks,I agree

Get a TPMS and start at the recommended cold pressure. Note your increase in psi and temp. Lower it some and watch them again. Factor in the weather conditions. It may take some time but you will be safe at the start and you can determine what is best as you drive in different conditions.

I think the last time we weighed our coach it was around $10 at a certified truck scale. It took less than 10 minutes. Small price for peace of mind.

I was looking for someone to let me know what they run in their tires, just as a “to get started” because someone one out there must have a Thor 24hHL Sprinter that they have been driving and can tell me what air pressure they use. I don’t think everyone that has a motor home takes it and gets it weighed
You are correct, not everyone with a motor home get it weighed. Don't be one of those people. Be smart and spend the $13 at a CAT scale.

To get started, load the coach as you would for camping and consult the placard on the driver's side door. Or as someone else might say, "read the manual, consult the charts and tables, and follow the published information. It is there for a reason. "

Bob

I was looking for someone to let me know what they run in their tires, just as a “to get started” because someone one out there must have a Thor 24hHL Sprinter that they have been driving and can tell me what air pressure they use. I don’t think everyone that has a motor home takes it and gets it weighed

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back