• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question TIRE PRESSURE ADVICE?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
@OkieRed, I do a tire pressure check at the start of the trip (the old fashion way). I am not to worried about tire temp so much as they would be related to low pressure issues. As long as my pressures are up, my temps should be down. :)

While the external sensors will not accurately measure internal tire temperatures, they will not be too far off as wheel and sidewall temps will be close to internal tire temps. The sensors are in close proximity to the wheels and sidewalls.

As do many, we carry an IR temperature gauge to check tires and wheels. In checking both wheel and sidewall temps, I have found them to be within 10 degrees or so of my EEZ Tire TPMS sensors.

TJ

Last edited:
This is the reply I got earlier today from TST, regards the measurement of "tire temperature"!

Hi Alan,

The sensors have a tiny hole that allows the air under pressure to be pushed in to the the temperature switch for reading. It is reading the temperature inside the tire.

Enjoy your system and have a great Sunday!

Safe Travels!

TST Customer Service

And I do have an "infra-red" temperature measuring device, & use it each time I stop, to check tire temperatures.

The trip to Napanee will be the first trip using the TST "TPMS" unit; & I'll be curious as to how close the temperature readings between it, and the infra-red device.

When checking tire pressures yesterday, the TST & the built in TPMS in the Terrain were the same. I was pleasantly surprised!

I'll test it, the TST, before leaving for Napanee, against my digital tire pressure gauge which I use for the coach, and compare accuracy!

At this point, I think I will be very happy with the TST system!

It looks to me that you have all the right tools to set your tire pressure and monitor tire pressure and heat parameters. Well done!

TJ

THANK YOU!
Thanks to everyone for the replies. Great information!

Latest resources

Back