RVF Regular
RV Year
RV Make
Apex Nano
RV Model
208BH
RV Length
25’
Me again! So I was looking at my tire pressure today and the tag says run them at 65 PSI for single, (sidewall of the tire says 65 PSI MAX). I picked the rig up at the dealership and they had them at 48 PSI, with nitrogen. I have dual axles should I be running the PSI lower or does the single on the tag just mean that they aren’t duals and means nothing about the axle and the dealership just didn’t inflate to the correct PSI? Thank you again in advance!!

Single on tire means "one" on the axle per side, dual is not an issue on your trailer. 65psi indicates to me the trailer tires are rated for load capacity. Higher load capacity would have higher psi max.

Trailer tag indicates pressure required should you have gross weight. Tire manufacturers have inflation charts you will use when you weigh when loaded with all your stuff.

When you buy your next rubber, go for the next up load capacity tire. Also make sure the tires are rated for the speed you will travel. This is important, as weight rating is maxed on the Tires it came with.

Single on tire means "one" on the axle per side, dual is not an issue on your trailer. 65psi indicates to me the trailer tires are rated for load capacity. Higher load capacity would have higher psi max.

Trailer tag indicates pressure required should you have gross weight. Tire manufacturers have inflation charts you will use when you weigh when loaded with all your stuff.

When you buy your next rubber, go for the next up load capacity tire. Also make sure the tires are rated for the speed you will travel. This is important, as weight rating is maxed on the Tires it came with.
Thank you Kevin! I thought that seamed a little high and it is still warm out so I didn’t want to run the tires all the way up to the max PSI cold and hit the road. So basically I got a lower quality tire from the dealership, I’m guessing. I will upgrade when time comes.

I didn't say lower quality, just minimal load rating.

Thank you Kevin! I thought that seamed a little high and it is still warm out so I didn’t want to run the tires all the way up to the max PSI cold and hit the road. So basically I got a lower quality tire from the dealership, I’m guessing. I will upgrade when time comes.
How many people are going to weigh their trailer every time the use it and adjust the tire PSI? NONE.
Just inflate your tires to the 65 psi shown on the sidewall and be done with it. This has worked for me for the last 40+ years.
Tire manufacturers make no mention of inflating to a lower pressure when the weather is hot so there is no need for concern about that.

I’ve done a little reading on this and there has been a lot of discussion about it and the conventional wisdom is to four corner weigh a coach and use the tire pressure indicated on the mfgr’s chart, and run trailer tires at the max psi printed on the sidewall and don’t overload the trailer. I’ll just add that I only run US made tires on any trailer I care about - horse, equipment, travel etc.

I’ve done a little reading on this and there has been a lot of discussion about it and the conventional wisdom is to four corner weigh a coach and use the tire pressure indicated on the mfgr’s chart, and run trailer tires at the max psi printed on the sidewall and don’t overload the trailer. I’ll just add that I only run US made tires on any trailer I care about - horse, equipment, travel etc.
I weight when I make major changes. It is useless to weight every load because you have favorite things for camping or life in my case.
I suppose I could use the recommended pressure on the trailer tag, as I am always close enough.

But the sidewalls pressure numbers are way off. I use much higher weight capacity tires so that number would just wear the center of the tread faster.

I weight when I make major changes. It is useless to weight every load because you have favorite things for camping or life in my case.
I suppose I could use the recommended pressure on the trailer tag, as I am always close enough.

But the sidewalls pressure numbers are way off. I use much higher weight capacity tires so that number would just wear the center of the tread faster.
there is that, but then you are not the average consumer either. My son did the same thing when he tired of OE spec trailer tires failing on his 5’er.

Latest resources

Back