Tires. 7 year rule?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Good points..
In the cleaning and protecting I was focused on UV and not Ozone.
I guess the only thing you can do about ozone is to try and reduce friction and that would be to maintain proper tire pressure. I’m not sure what you meant “(what causes tire checking)”?
Sorry (that)

Nitrogen fill eliminates oxygen, therefore no ozone inside the tires. Costco will fill for you!

This is only a help, not a cure. Pressure helps distribute ozone inside the structure of the tires.

when sitting for a long time undoubtedly helps the tire.
That is what is particularly bad for Michelins especially. They last much longer when kept rolling. They develop sidewall cracks when sitting for long periods, even when covered. My first set on prev MH only lasted four years.

Btw, so far the Michelins on the current coach still look good after four years. Will likely replace them in 1.5 to 2 years..; likely with Michelins, but who knows. Traction is very important to me , as I have had to lock the brakes for brake checks and deer avoidance. The deer was suicidal because he looked out and saw me coming, yet ran out anyhow. To his or her credit though, maybe the little car next to me was hidden from view. That is who actually hit the deer. Totaled it.

I had Michelin and switched to Toyo for financial reasons. I had a Ford and switched to a GMC because I wanted to.

Question: Does Nitrogen in the tires not expand & contract with temperature changes?
If so, it certainly would help in maintaining the correct tire pressure.
Yes, or No??

Question: Does Nitrogen in the tires not expand & contract with temperature changes?
If so, it certainly would help in maintaining the correct tire pressure.
Yes, or No??
Less expansion!

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back