RV Model
Arctic Wolf 271RK
RV Length
30 ft
TOW/TOAD
2013 Chevy Silerado 2500HD B&W Turnover Ball, Andedrson Ultimate Hitch
Fulltimer
No
I am going to install Water Proof snap lock Vinyl Plank Flooring in my travel trailer to replace Buckled and cracked Linoleum. The Vinyl Plank I am looking at is Traffic Master at home depot. It has a Rubber like backing and is designed to float. No underlayment needed. Several people in different forums say to Also Glue it down. Home depot says not to glue it down. I would like to hear from those who have installed the Vinyl Plank snap lock flooring in their RV. Did you glue it down or not.
Mel

I used the same flooring in my 2008 class c. I only glued down the edges that went under the slide-out. The remaining flooring I did not glue down, I used PVC quarter-round trim around the perimeter. It looks great and allows a small gap for expansion and contraction.

Thanks for the heads up. I am installing it and not gluing it down. Will use quarter round on the edges. I did go with a different brand.
Mel

If things move around too much try using double sided carpet tape on the outer planks.
You can still remove it if you have to.

I installed vinyl plank in my slide room. Glued down only the leading edge with a relatively weak glue in case I every need to pull it up. It’s been great so far.

I installed PERGO MAX Hardwood in our previous travel trailer. Removed all of the carpet, cleaned the floor, and roughed it with my belt sander and #80 grit. Vacuumed it out, and wiped it down with mineral spirits. Using recommended flooring adhesive, I started installation in the longitudinal center. Each piece was fitted into place and then using my 18 ga air nailer put a 3/4" nail every 12" or so in the groove. Then on to the next piece. Looked great and still looked great when we sold the trailer some 5 years later. IMG_1502.JPGIMG_1510.JPG

I installed PERGO MAX Hardwood in our previous travel trailer. Removed all of the carpet, cleaned the floor, and roughed it with my belt sander and #80 grit. Vacuumed it out, and wiped it down with mineral spirits. Using recommended flooring adhesive, I started installation in the longitudinal center. Each piece was fitted into place and then using my 18 ga air nailer put a 3/4" nail every 12" or so in the groove. Then on to the next piece. Looked great and still looked great when we sold the trailer some 5 years later.View attachment 16794View attachment 16795

Looks great! Nice job.

Latest resources

Back