Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
Dear Mr./Ms. RV manufacturer execs:

If you're laying off your hard working best assets, your people, and you have not taken a pay cut, please join this forum and tell us why. Do as the CEO of Apple did, he took a multi-million dollar pay cut to keep from having to layoff his great people. Show us what your people mean to you as they mean to us, your customers. Take care of your people first and foremost! We are are hearing of large layoffs in some of the best and biggest RV manufacturers yet we are hearing nothing about action taken by those at the top to minimize the loss of people. So again, I invite you to come tell us what you are doing to keep these hard working people that keep your business alive.

One example was Mahlon Miller @ Newmar. When times got really tough (I think in '08) he sold land and farm equipment to keep the ship afloat. I think they still had a layoff but I'm sure his personal effort saved a lot of employees. I met a few retired employees while filling the coach up over at Martins Supermarket in Nappanee and you could tell they were so proud to have been a part of Newmar.

Unfortunately, today profits rule. People are thought of as expendable assets, and executives never get hurt. I heard this message from a former fortune 500 VP. Many of these folks are not concerned with long term profitability of the company, as the founders often are. They are only concerned about today's profits under their reign. What happens tomorrow is someone else.s problem.
Me, me me is today's mantra. In the words of the above exec, they are taught to use people and love things. Shameful.

Latest resources

Back