• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Towing a 2013 Jeep Wrangler

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I got a quote from a local RV Dealership for the entire setup for towing my Jeep and it was around $5,000. Do you all have any recommendations for purchasing these items and installing myself? They get you on the Labor Charge.
I set my 2016 Wrangler up by myself. Easy. I used the Currie tow bar mount/skid plate from Amazon $248. Fits a Blue Ox tow bar I found on Craigslist for $250. Hopkins light kit was cheap $48 Amazon. Bought a RVi3 brake new. $1200. That was the most expensive thing. Still nowhere near $5K.

you can try Etrailer.com as they have all the parts for your specific vehicle and they have videos and are pretty helpful if you contact them....I had mine done by a shop and it was close to $5k all said and done...

I installed mine on my 2013 Wrangler and had a shop install an M&G system on my 2014 F-150. Don’t remember the price for the install of the M&G.
I just realized that I don’t remember the price for the Blue Ox either.
I’m Gonna blame all of that on age....

I remember speaking with several different persons over the years, at the 'campfire', who had been passed by their towd after the hitch "failed". Typically this was early on with the first RV. The hitch "failure" was due to dealer tech/salesman not installing the hitch properly or connecting the towd correctly.

In my opinion the key features of a towd braking system are: to stop the towd if it becomes disconnected from the RV, keep the towd inline/behind the RV under heavy braking (i.e. avoid jack knife), and finally to help slow the RV when brakes are applied.
Also, you need to be sure you are operating within the state of registration regs and insurance regs to be sure if you do have an incident, vehicle insurance will cover the damage. :)

Latest resources

Back