Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Foster Travelers

RVF Newbee
Hello, we have a Emblem 36u and want to purchase a Jeep to tow. Our manual states 5000 pin. The Jeep shows a curb weight I believe around 3900 and gvw of 5000. So I am confused as to what weight I use to determine if I can tow the vehicle. Newbie to towing and the RV family. Thank you!

1621087062367.png

You should be fine towing that Jeep. Now if you load a bunch of tools and everything else in it and get the weight up to 5,000 pounds you will be maxed out but that would be pretty hard to do.

depending on how close you are on the GVWR of your coach and where the jeep puts you on the GCWR, you really must consider a brake controller for the jeep. You really cannot focus solely on just your hitch rating and the weight of the Toad.
Most trailers over 3.5K pounds generally have brakes so just hooking on a jeep pushing 4K is not wise.
There are way too many RVs today being produced that can be limited in cargo capacity because the finished product is so heavy for the chassis in the first place. If you max out GVWR to begin with expect that towing something heavy is not going to be pleasant.

Latest resources

Back