Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Krusty

RVF Regular
Any comments/experience "good or bad" on Travel Supreme Coaches. Found a 2002, 41 footer for sale that appears to be Very Well Maintained with numerous updates and additions...92.000 miles on a Cummins. Any input appreciated on these coaches. I know they went out of business around 2008. Krusty

I purchased a 2006 42 ft Travel Supreme in 2013 and it had over 90,000 miles on it when I sold it. I loved the rig. Very good quality. Also have 3 friends that owned them and they thought the same. I was never concerned about the miles. If you check the different online RV forums, you can gain a lot of knowledge about Travel Supremes. The biggest issue I had with mine was I had to replace my holding tank floor due to improper sealing from the rear tires when it rained. It took me a couple of days to complete the project. The rest was just the usual minor things. I did a fairly extensive interior remodel on that rig. Heated bamboo floor, tile backsplash, new electronics, power shades, recovered window valances and headboard.… There was nothing wrong with the stuff I replaced, we just wanted to update it, just as we are now doing to our 2012 Newmar. As you probably already know, the biggest key is how well the prior owners took care of it.

Welcome and best of luck. I see these in CG's and people are very proud of them. Every coach will break, and most of the components in the boxes are available open market. If you are good mechanically and feel good about the rig, enjoy. If you are not as inclined, get a pro to check it out and make sure there aren't any hidden issue.

I purchased a 2006 42 ft Travel Supreme in 2013 and it had over 90,000 miles on it when I sold it. I loved the rig. Very good quality. Also have 3 friends that owned them and they thought the same. I was never concerned about the miles. If you check the different online RV forums, you can gain a lot of knowledge about Travel Supremes. The biggest issue I had with mine was I had to replace my holding tank floor due to improper sealing from the rear tires when it rained. It took me a couple of days to complete the project. The rest was just the usual minor things. I did a fairly extensive interior remodel on that rig. Heated bamboo floor, tile backsplash, new electronics, power shades, recovered window valances and headboard.… There was nothing wrong with the stuff I replaced, we just wanted to update it, just as we are now doing to our 2012 Newmar. As you probably already know, the biggest key is how well the prior owners took care of it.
NoBadDays and Old Bubblehead, Thank you both for the input and your comments. I / We really love the quality look and build of the Travel Supremes. Currently have a 38' Gas and we want to step into a diesel. I am handy enough to get myself into troubles, but we have baically rebuilt 3 older homes over 40 years with me doing 99% of the labor so I am confidant in keeping up. Engines are another story....once you get past oil changing, I am a "4 armed monkey with 2 arms in casts" and have no problems letting a qualified shop take care of the engine and drive train etc. Thank you again for the input.....and agree owner maintenance is the key. Safe travels to you all.

One further question.....to you both....42' and 45' coaches......Any concerns with campgrounds regarding length. Are/Have you been limited to a site? My opinion is careful and slow in campgrounds and if they cannot accomodate, there is always another down the road. My wife is more concerned of anything over a 40.

In most commercial RV parks, the 42-45’ coach won’t be a problem; it will likely be in federal and state park campgrounds. We have found that 40’ is the “sweet spot for us,” but some will disagree.

TJ

I have only been limited by 1 federal park so far and no problems in the commercial parks. Some campgrounds do get tight. I have more issues with overgrown trees than length.

In most commercial RV parks, the 42-45’ coach won’t be a problem; it will likely be in federal and state park campgrounds. We have found that 40’ is the “sweet spot for us,” but some will disagree.

TJ
Thanks for the information. Appreciate your time.
Safe Travels Tom and Debbie

No matter the size of the coach, there is enough variety in CG's out there that we do a lot of research up front before booking a spot. There is soo much demand these days, you really have to put some work in ahead of a trip. Coach length will be a factor, simple fact is older CG's (including many Govt run) where built with smaller equipment in mind. In any CG there will only be so many that can accommodate the big rigs. That said, we have never had a problem finding a place to stay. We id a few candidate CG's in an area we want to stay. read reviews. look at google maps. make sure there is good access. I focus on safety, then access, then anything else. We are self contained, so I don't worry about facilities. In transit, we like to get in before it gets dark; have dinner and some frosty beverages, and then get sleep for the next day's run. Destination CG's we put more focus on being on location for a week or so, so we may look for larger sites and access to more local flavor. We have been in many state parks in our area in the 45' rig without issue. We find midweek easier to book, and generally less commotion to deal with.

Cheers,
j

Latest resources

Back